It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]Soongmak,

Are you saying this discussion is about my and only my opinion on prostitution? If you believe this, you should PM me rather than post your arguments openly. [/color]

Harlequin,

It is not about your opinion, I agree on that. However it was your first response to the initial poster that propelled this discussion to be about ?how much sympathy they (prostitutes) deserve when they are cheated.? Hence, I think your P4P experience is relevant. I did as you suggested a google search and yes, you can conclude that I am attacking you instead of the argument. However it is important for me if I am dealing with a hypocrite on the subject matter or not. If you were (are) a punter who occasionally uses the service of prostitutes but looks down on them at the same time, you are pathetic and simply not worth my time. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt though.

[color:"red"]Now, you have admitted that "It is obvious for all that the profession of a prostitute is not one that is looked upon favourably by society as a whole." Why is this so? Do you believe that society is mistaken about prostitution? That society misunderstands the nature of prostitution? [snip]. We live, observe and experience the world around us, think about it and draw conclusions. One of those conclusions is that prostitution is not worthy of respect. Why? Perhaps it is because the prostitute expects payment for a service that most others provide freely as an expression of their love towards their partner. Perhaps it is because most people work hard for the money they earn to support themselves and their family - they don't regard what a prostitute does as 'real work'.[/color]

First, let me say that I think prostitution is unhealthy and potentially damaging the well being of punters and prostitutes alike. For that, I can see that society doesn?t look favourably on prostitution. But is this a reason to look down on prostitutes? I think not. As long as they deliver the service they were paid for, I think they are doing an honest job and they deserve our respect. For me, respect is not in the jobs that people have, but in the way they shape their actions. I?ll give you an example. Being a teacher is a respectable job. But if he does not prepare his lessons and gives his students their money?s worth, he is not worthy of my respect. It is all about harming people with your actions (or lack thereof). If you do an honest job, and strife not to harm other people you are a decent person and deserve everybodies? respect.

Second, people who do not regard what a prostitute does as real work, haven?t thought it through. Being a prostitute is a hard job:

- It?s dangerous. The people you go with are most of the time total strangers. Once you are in their room, you are at their mercy and there?s always potential abuse around the corner.

- It?s potential damaging to your health. Think about all the std?s you can get on the job.

- You have to pretend that you have a good time all the time, even when you think the client is a creep.

- Sleeping with creeps is hard on the psyche;

- Sleeping with many people makes it hard for you to maintain a meaningful relationship;

- You have to handle all kinds of perverts who hire you for services their wives are not willing to perform;

- Ignorant people will look down on you, simply because you?re a prostitute;

- You have no personal space anymore. While on the job, you have to give up all your privacy.

In conclusion, You shouldn?t judge people on their appearance alone. That?s really shallow. Judge them by their actions, and give them respect, untill they show you they?re not worthy of it.

Cheers,

soongmak

Says legoland:

<snipped

Daddydog says she sold her body but had to sleep in a sleeping bag ::Where is she from??She probably should be able to wear Armani suits.True enough they're often good at inflicting pain

On a side note about prostitutes,they sell their body and the least they could do is taking care of their looks.

As mentionned in an other tread, I spent some time with a bg in her 3x3m 1500 baht/month room in an off-soi 23 ghetto. Her "plastic zipper guarderobe" did not contain any Armani suit. I am sure you have no clue why that possibly could be so.

As stated by Victor Hugo, society is responsible for the ignorance of the miserables. I wonder what society has learned you ::

Sorry Akarr,

I spent some time in Cais do Sodre, the Lisboa Nanaplaza and around the lower Ramblas in Barcelona to name a few. I got to know a sheer number of prostitutes fairly well, and saw many of them die from the marvellous live they were living.

You don't know what you are talking about when you mention respect and feelings of prostitutes.

Please get yourself an education. :hubba:

Hi,

[color:"red"]Daddydog says she sold her body but had to sleep in a sleeping bag Where is she from??She probably should be able to wear Armani suits [/color]

So if she did to get by, so what? She seems to be from the States, but still, she should not insulted. None of us were in her situation and no one has the right to judge.

[color:"red"] they're tough people who won't waste their only life crying [/color]

That is your experience, and it should not apply to all people.

[color:"red"]they sell their body and the least they could do is taking care of their looks. [/color]

What are you saying? There are hard times for any professions and the darn looks can be taken care of in any profession.

I don't see much of kindness/commpassion in your posts at all.

I am having a problem here, Daddydog should not be insulted just becuase she gave some personal information and how she feels about some issues.

Jasmine :: :: ::

[color:"red"] the majority of prostitutes are like animals......... they do anything for money and they dont have any feelings towards what they do......... [/color]

Ok, so the ones who have been with prostitutes are the ones who have sex with animals, correct?

I know it is hard to COMMUNICATE with animals!!! Forget about the respect!!

Says harlequinbkk:

[color:"red"]Yes I would feel the same amount of sympathy regardless of the ladies profession. I lack the capacity to make a distinction given your scenario between someone who is cheated out of their rightfully hard earned money for a service or good they provide and the connection to their profession. I fail to see how profession can play a role in being cheated given your example. We are not discussing corrupt govt officials, drug dealers or greedy corporate chieftains here.
[/color]

Jjshshi,

Let's talk about "corrupt govt officials, drug dealers or greedy corporate chieftains ". If one of these folks were "cheated out of their rightfully hard earned money for a service or good they provide", would you feel any sympathy for them?

Harlequin

Absolutely not because their gains are ill-gotten. Obtained through reprehensible means and usually to the detriment of others or victims. The income is not derivd through honest work.

Neither of the examples you presented would make their money honestly or victimless.

Archived