It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

Dunno...first I thought this post was a joke...but than I'm wondering.

Guess a person like the one described isn't even worth the hassle to be pimped.I strongly dislike people who try to come up as victims,usually inspires me more contempt and abuse.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Goodthaigirl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Says harlequinbkk:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not hate prostitutes, but I do have less respect for them than for women who manage to earn a living without selling their bodies.

Here here.

Spare all of us. frosty.gif

[color:"red"]If you leave the board, I hope you come back at some stage to help educate the occasional 'sick or evil' bastard that posts here.

[/color]

Sidsanuk,

I also hope that Daddydog can come to terms with the great emotional trauma she has clearly endured in her upbringing, and return to this forum. Someone with her background would add a different and worthwhile perspective to the issues we discuss.

Harlequin

Soongmak,

Are you saying this discussion is about my and only my opinion on prostitution? If you believe this, you should PM me rather than post your arguments openly. As far as I am concerned, this discussion is about how much respect prostitutes deserve, and how much sympathy they deserve when they are cheated. Hence, my own P4P experience is entirely irrelevant. If you disagree with this go to google.com and do a search on the terms "ad hominem" and "logical fallacy".

Now, you have admitted that "It is obvious for all that the profession of a prostitute is not one that is looked upon favourably by society as a whole." Why is this so? Do you believe that society is mistaken about prostitution? That society misunderstands the nature of prostitution? Mind you, just because 'society as a whole' believes something does not mean it is true - a long time ago it was commonly believed that the world was flat. Still, everyone in society has a brain. We live, observe and experience the world around us, think about it and draw conclusions. One of those conclusions is that prostitution is not worthy of respect. Why? Perhaps it is because the prostitute expects payment for a service that most others provide freely as an expression of their love towards their partner. Perhaps it is because most people work hard for the money they earn to support themselves and their family - they don't regard what a prostitute does as 'real work'.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] I have to agree along the same vein here. Seems to me that Harlequin is trying to paint a black and white picture but keeps getting caught in the grey.

[/color]

Jjsushi,

I will admit there is plenty of 'grey' here. I don't think prostitutes are utterly evil. I am sure there are some prostitutes I would respect more than others, but on the whole I don't respect them for their choice of profession.

Harlequin

Hi,

This nasty attitude seems to remind me of somebody... somebody I just recently kicked off this board. Actually the day before you started posting on this board. What a 'coincidence'.

And as for:

"I strongly dislike people who try to come up as victims"

What if they really are victims?

Sanuk!

[color:"red"]Yes I would feel the same amount of sympathy regardless of the ladies profession. I lack the capacity to make a distinction given your scenario between someone who is cheated out of their rightfully hard earned money for a service or good they provide and the connection to their profession. I fail to see how profession can play a role in being cheated given your example. We are not discussing corrupt govt officials, drug dealers or greedy corporate chieftains here. [/color]

Jjshshi,

Let's talk about "corrupt govt officials, drug dealers or greedy corporate chieftains ". If one of these folks were "cheated out of their rightfully hard earned money for a service or good they provide", would you feel any sympathy for them?

Harlequin

"I strongly dislike people who try to come up as victims"

What if they really are victims?

They shouldn't look for compassion but adopt a more agressive(and constructive) behaviour.

Daddydog says she sold her body but had to sleep in a sleeping bag ::Where is she from??She probably should be able to wear Armani suits.I know lots of people who have been through hard childhood and times,I noticed that from those,the ones I apreciate don't look to inspire compassion.they're tough people who won't waste their only life crying.True enough they're often good at inflicting pain

On a side note about prostitutes,they sell their body and the least they could do is taking care of their looks.

[color:"blue"] "I do not hate prostitutes, but I do have less respect for them than for women who manage to earn a living without selling their bodies." [/color]

I was thinking about that statement, is that something that make this world so bad?

People are making a lot of statement like that, "they come from a develloping countries and are not same color has us so you you may show less respect", they don't have the same religion or worst at this time they are muslim so they are murderer or terrorist" we can see that statement every on the news and on the other side "people who are not muslim are the unfaithful and are bad so we have less respect and it's ok to kill them.

See my point here?

I know you may say that it look like a generalization but it's when people start to have less respect for any kind of reasons that the world become like that, war, terrorist and full of hatred.

Archived