It makes me bloody angry!

robaus

Hi,

[color:"red"] The body selling essence of the business is the same. The way they conduct it, yes, there is a difference, like heaven and earth. Just answer simple 4 questions:

-how would a Swedish pro treat you over 1 week?

-would she invite you to her room and what would you say if she did?

-would she invited you to visit her family and would you go?

[/color]

IMO, because of the culture difference, they are different. Most Thais would mind inviting a guest to visit their home. Being from Thailand's upcountry which I think, still have the basic generous feeling for strangers, most of them will invite other people to visit. Now I have not lived in Sweden, but if it is any way in shape or form like many Europeans countries, inviting someone home seems like quite unreal to expect.

I mentioned once that when I was in high school, I helped some class mates who did translation in Pattaya. I visisted these friends a few weekends, the girls (lovers of American soldiers mostly) who paid for our translation services invited us to their homes which were just small rooms with hardly any furniture and fed us with what they could buy/cook. They were very aware that we were kids in High School, likely to go to a University, and ikely were from a different family background than theirs. But they were so generous to us that we actually felt guilty charging them anything for our services!

The Thais are very strong in family and I think many of them are still are quite generous, especially the ones from up-country no matter what they do for a living.

Cheers!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

[color:"red"] Would it bother most men in your society, or Thai society, if their daughters were prostitutes? [/color]

I don't know about anyone else family, my Thai family would have disowned me. Most of of the Thai men I have known, especially my brother, prostitution bothers them, but these men are "bores" anyway.

Not to say that the prostitutes families like what their daughters do, but not being in their shoes, it is hard to come to a black and white conclusion.

I have to admit though, it seems to be tolerated now, more than in my younger days in Thailand.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] I have put a lot of work into projects, which have later been cancelled. This leaves me feeling very depressed. There are some people in straight jobs who are very dedicated to their work, who pour their heart into it. [/color]

I do invest time and emotion in my work also, still up working now at 3 AM Saturday, after only 2 hours sleep Friday night.

However, I don't think it is the same as what ones must go through selling their bodies to any strangers. Sexual, to most people, especially IMO women is quite personal. I cannot jump into bed with just anyone, so these women (some, mind you) must invest more emotionally than me putting in my 60hr/week plus 5 hrs commuting/day to work, dont' you think?

Cheers!

[color:"red"] i would pay lots to find out what they think. or that girl across the room what she thinks when she see me. she smiles yes and she say she say hello handsum man...... ohh she said she love me....... [/color]

Oh la la, sweet looking thing!!! :p :p :p

Coming from moi there is NO CHARGE Akarr!! :drunk: :drunk:

Cheers! :: :: ::

Hi,

[color:"red"] I do not hate prostitutes, but I do have less respect for them than for women who manage to earn a living without selling their bodies. [/color]

My words exactly. However, I have learned to tolerate from what I have learned from many ex-ones here in the West. I am very glad that not all Thai women with similar poverty and background to these BG/prostitutes, still can maintain their regular jobs with dignity.

I think if Thailand has more decent paid jobs to people with any level of education, there will be less prostitutes.

Cheers!

They did discuss this in sweden to about making prostitution legal but they banned it and made it illegal to buy and the punter is the one thats gets penalized for buying sex.

I dont know so much about prostitution in sweden and i dont even think i will use any service in sweden regarding that, most east state girls old fat ugly and also heorin addicts most of them....

[color:"red"]However, I don't think it is the same as what ones must go through selling their bodies to any strangers. Sexual, to most people, especially IMO women is quite personal. I cannot jump into bed with just anyone, so these women (some, mind you) must invest more emotionally than me putting in my 60hr/week plus 5 hrs commuting/day to work, dont' you think? [/color]

Jasmine,

That is a tough question to answer. I know that it is generally not a good thing to put too much of your heart into your job. You do the best you can at work, but try to put it out of your mind at the end of the day. I have not always been successful in doing this. I know some people who really get far too emotional about their jobs, and some who very successful in seperating their professional and personal lives.

I can only guess at this, but I think it is the same with prostitutes. Perhaps when she starts her career, she invests a lot emotionally in her job. Then, after some time (and a few broken hearts), she hardens and learns to fake the emotions for the benefit of her customer.

Harlequin

Says Goodthaigirl:

Says harlequinbkk:

I do not hate prostitutes, but I do have less respect for them than for women who manage to earn a living without selling their bodies.

Here here.

:)

It's "hear, hear", I think. It's heard in the British parliament a lot.

Live and let live, I say. Unless you're a scientist researching cures for cancer or a charity worker, etc, I don't respect one job much over another.

I think you've said before that you respect people who use their brains for the benefit of society and hate prostitutes and TV presenters, who don't. I'm curious as to how you can reconcile this with the Thais' apparent love of superficiality - worship of those who look good, etc. (Not that westerners are much better. I despair at how highly we seem to regard 'supermodels'.)

Jumped a lot of posts so it may have been said.If a girl acts like she's in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationships,I really don't see why one should give her money at the end.She's probably looking for a long term support from the guy she's investing time with,after even he'gone away and she keeps on fucking around.She gotta know she's gambling a little,perhaps wasting a few days.If the guy had to pay anyway it would be a win-win situation for the girl. ::

Reminds me of some junky I know a little who was terrorised by his ex who asked i about one million baths for having spent a few monhs with him.The thais working in his condo were telling him he girl was right too ::

Anyway,IMO and according to Robaus post,the worst mistake this asian american did was spending 1 week with a Pattaya hooker,definetely an insult to good taste but no need to be so harsh with the guy.Hopefully he'll learn!

Archived