Am I becoming just another ATM?

sidsanuk

I agree with what you are saying completely, but his original posting to which I replied makes no mention about prostitutes or indeed any mention of the financial status of his wife's family. It merely says "I told the wife that her family could go fuck off" in an in your face way.

In my experience (others' may be different of course) this is not a recipe for happiness with a Thai woman.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I am not a seasoned verteran when it comes to Thai women but what I do know about women is if you put your foot down over something reasonable they will listen and if the girl still complains afterwards she is not the one for you brotha!

>My fiance is keen, in keeping with Thai culture, to send money home to the family. We have been sending a modest sum of 10-15,000 baht per month, which I can easily manage.

sidsanuk, I don't think it's a modest sum at all. Nurses are on 6-8K per month.

Before me, my gf was sending 2-3K per month home. Now it is 5K and her mother and stepfather are more than happy. No other children live with them, she's the last one and still not married. As long as the money is there on time, the oldies (late 60s) are both dancing and singing.

I'm with GTG, gummigut and few others who said that your gf is the key person in repelling/channeling her family's money requests. It may be much easier for her if she is in Oz.

>She is getting really pissed off with her family's constant discussions about finances and how short of money they are.

>married in 3-4 months to my NBG TG. Nice girl, nice family.

Don't know how big the "N" in "NBG" is but BGs families fuck us for money in a manner more bearable than what you are experiencing here.

>The BKK private hospitals that I am familiar with, nurses who are working full-time with maybe a little overtime will make around 18,000 - 20,000 Baht a month.

Are you taliking about nurses working in public hospitals or clinics?

Upcountry public hospitals. More specifically, a Chiang Rai nurse with two small children who was doing as little overtime as she could get by with.

Archived