Am I becoming just another ATM?

sidsanuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walletss

Quote...."You seem to have grasped the magnitude of your responsibilties"

I think in this case, the need is genuine and I certainly don't feel I am getting ripped off having now understood the need and negotiated the appropriate allowance.

With this thread, I was just interested in getting some views of other board members who have been through this. I guess to just add some level of comfort to my actions being appropriate.

As a matter of interest my prospective Mum in Law was apparently in tears of gratitude yesterday, once my fiance told her how we intend to help out. If the sun did not shine from Khun Sid's rear end before...it certainly does now. :-) Sid has a very big face :-)

Sid

Somehow I'm hard pressed to take a ride on my moral high horse about families that 'sell' their daughters into working. Not only do many of these girls choose to work (albeit as a fast way to make some dosh and help the family) but it's hard for me to condemn a system that I've partaken from so freely. Mmm?

In other words, let he who is without a record of short-times cast the first stone!

Now marrying them is another matter, but if we are going to make moral judgements about prostitution and the family's part in it, we might take a wee look at our own roles as well..

Hi,

[color:"red"] and depending on the parents earning ability or position can completely vanish once the children are married and/or have families of their own. [/color]

Some parents want their children to be happy and will not push them to send money no matter what their financial situation is. I met a woman from Isaan who sends the money once in a while just because she feels like it and works for that extra income and her family are just the normal Isaan farmers.

My mother who had raised us by herself since I was 16 and brother was 10 never asked for money from any of her children even though there was only a small pension(baht 3000/mo) from my father's pension. She has felt that the children should take care of the immediate families first and no way that she will make us feel guilty if we don't give her anything.

Situation is different for each family and I feel that there is nothing wrong giving some to the parents if ones can afford it. The problem may arise if the parents demand and the children cannot afford it.

[color:"red"] This has come from a couple of single Thais including a girl who did not want a BF because she was the last child left sending money home to the family, [/color]

I have met a Thai man who stayed single until his parents passed away because he felt that he could not provide for both parents and wife/children at the same time.

Cheers! ::

Archived