Now it's getting fishy

Now she is really pregnant and before yesterday she went to take out kid !

Why do we all seem to read this as an abortion has taken place? I read it as she has decided to have the child like most non bar girls seem to do. The money I read as another matter now. That, if true, she may have used company funds to do the "Dutch treat" thing and now faced the piper. I would probably pay the price and take it as a learning lesson.

But agree that we can't be sure of anything.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think High Thaied's post is right on the mark--ask for a receipt, and then pay if they produce it. The story to me has all the ingredients of a perfect scam, but since you were rather careless not using a condom (and silly enough to believe what your girlfirend said about not worrying about it...) I would chalk up whatever you pay to experience...

Nicholas

My 1st impression is that its a scam

Why did she not tell you before about the abortion i.e. before the operation??

If you can get proof of the abortion then I would pay and then maybee a little extra due to loss of earning etc.

However I would get proof first as stated by High Thaied.

Good luck

I agree with HighThaied about asking for the receipt. That is the acid test. It will tell you if she actually had an abortion, and how much you should pay. If you decide to sweeten it a little that is up to you. But frankly 30k is out of line in my opinion for the situation as you describe it. Seems like they are either running a little scam or trying to play on your heart strings for some extra cash.

REMEMBER: an early stage abortion can be had for as little as 1000-2000 baht! A late stage abortion with overnight hospital stay is only 18,000. So I am quite sure the figure of 30k is made up...

Soongmak, this is the info I posted earlier under a health question on abortion and the legal implication. it should clarify things for you (at least as I understand it).

Hi - My understanding is that abortion is illegal in Thailand, unless its authorised by a doctor for medical reasons (i.e having a baby may be dangerous to the girls health or the babies). Simple solution is that somewhere like Bummrungrad simply determines that the health of the girl or the baby is at risk if she went ahead with the pregnancy and the doctor signs off the termination. Sure they probably have a stack of reasons they could use.

Cant see a scenario of many people challenging a doctors decision, although I cant see that happening very often. Families of good girls just want it hushed up and the family of most BG will not even know she has had it done.

Cheers

I can vouch for SingaporeSteve on this; I'm going through the exact same situation he describes next week. Bumrungrad will do abortions if they are medical emergencies. I don't think you can just walk in and get an abortion, and I doubt it is easy to have a doctor fake paperwork there as they appear to really be on the up and up..

If I were in your shoes, I'd simply ask for a receipt from the place the abortion occured, complete with letterhead info. If they did not have one, I'd ask them to go get one. If could not come up with one, that would tell me it's all a scam. If a legit receipt can be produced, then pay the amount, and chalk it up to experience.

Yes, I think that is the correct way to go about it.

I just got some more emails from sis saying that she has raised 10000 baht on her own and now wants only 20000 baht. Also in the email it says not to worry because "she went to very good hospital" and she will be fine.

I wrote back requesting the info and receipt.

Anyway, I think I will end up paying for this. I should have stuck to P4P girls where I would have had NO false sense of security and definately wrapped up.

Archived