Now it's getting fishy

I recently posted about the cost of abortions. My original intention was to send some money to ex gf for this procedure.

I was maybe skeptical about getting ripped off, but I could have sent some money and never thought twice about it.

I could have done this with a (somewhat) clear conscience due to the fact that it was I who ended the relationship. Also, because of my shortsightedness, it was very possible that she was indeed pregnant. I figured I could send her some money and it would be kind of a severance payment. (FWIW--she is not a BG)

Now I am in a quandary because I am starting to smell something funny.

Background...

Had a trip to Thailand a few months ago. Prior to my journey I decided to try the internet thing with webchat and exchanging pics, etc. (i know, i know) Or course some of these ladies are obviously on the take, but after a few months of chatting and screening...I decided to meet up with one. She arranged to pick me up at the airport and I proceeded to spend a large portion of my holiday with this girl. Money seemed a non issue with her as she would insist on paying for many things...transportation, food...I am serious in that it was damn near a 50-50 split, I could not talk her out if it. I had a very enjoyable time with her as she was your typical Thai girl that many here have fallen for. It also was great that she had a university education and could speak English quite well...what a change from bargirls' Thaiglish.

So I had a great time and went home and kept in touch with the new friend. But...eventually my interest waned and due to the long distance and my infrequent ability to visit I started to really rethink what I was doing with this. After some thinking..I decided to tell her I wanted to end the realtionship. This was quite hard to do as she said she would not accept it and it did not matter cuz she would always "wait for only me"...whatever that means. Calling me all hours crying and carrying on. You see...I felt bad because I really felt that I just led this girl (and also myself) on. Looking back, it's hard to say just how serious I ever was about this girl. I had a handful of ladies of the night during this liason also, so maybe I was never really that serious. So I felt bad about this and want to give her total freedom so she could go to pursue another guy. By now I knew nothing would ever come of this.

During the relationship, there was talk of possible pregnancy. Mostly on my behalf and her saying she didn't wanna talk about it and that I should not worry...mai pen rai and all that bullshit. After I finished her, I brought his up and she again said don't worry.

Now....I am hearing from the sister. I first got an email saying that, Yes...girl was pregnant and could I please help out. I thought...what the hell? Why not. It's still early and can be done reasonably inexpensive so I've heard.

Now I got this email from her sister ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxxx.....

You are the one who should be blamed for it. You know..how is my sister now? I hate to must contact you with this way. But I don't know what can I do for this...Now she is really pregnant and before yesterday she went to take out kid ! Oh, that's really too bad !! And I decide to write mail to you for let you know....what do you want to do for her ? 'Cause now she is really has a bad life in everything .....she has so many problem .... Now she at home and so weak and must be take long time for this....But she still cry and cry...Oh ! Gee...And I don't know when she can go back to work.

What is your responsibility for her? I think you should help her for finance..Can you do? Ok, I think this is good way ....I must say that 'cause my sister she has problem about this for sure....And I request you for this ....'cause she want money to give back her company and this is her problem...and her must be set everything all right before her boss will know. I don't know , she ever tell you about her take money from company or not..but if you already know then I just want to know how can you still keep cool about it? If her boss know , she will lost job sure. She tell me and request me to find money for her to put back in company's A/c....but I also have no too much money . I want you to help her. Give me a dollars please !! And if my boyfrined he give money for me then I will refund you. Actaully I want to talk with you on the phone but I can't find your number phone ...I think this is good way to do! And if you have time can online maybe we can talk.

Ok ....here is xxxx 's A/C

A/C name : Miss xxxxxx xxxxxx

A/C no. : xxx xxx xxxx

Bangkok Bank , Branch :

And I wonder if you'd be so kind as to lend me a dollar? ....And I want you to send for her about 30,000 bath ! But if you have a problem please let me know about it ....don't keep me waiting for long time ....

I really would appreciate if you could kind for it

xxxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this email today and I repiled by saying I dont know what the fuck she is talking about work problem and taking money. I am only responsible for abortion I feel. But according to the mail it sounds like it has been performed. And I dont think this girl will be honest about the cost.

This is stating to piss me off cuz it sounds really funny to me. Maybe I am just looking for some advice....maybe I am just looking to vent.

Sorry about the long post, but I had to put it out there.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doctor D,

I cannot give you any recommandation, but if I was in your position I'd pay the amount of THB 30K.

At least from the e-mail of her sister it seems that she has stolen this money from her employer in order to pay for the abortion and now wants to repay it. This might be a scam but I would give her the credit of the doubt. That's at least imho.

I smell a rat (farang?) here in the language. The mistakes in the English look a bit contrived to me and for so many grammatical errors why is the spelling so good?.

Both of these girls attended uni and are actually pretty proficient at English as compared to most Thais I have ever met. Their grasp of English is certainly much higer than 99.9% of any BG you will ever meet.

I have conversed with sister before,and I also have ICQ chat and emailed. Everything is quite consistent, so I am pretty sure that this is not the work of a scribe. This was not the point of my post.

The point is that I think the sister is trying to get some milk money out of me, and I don't think she would need to hire a scribe to do so.

The sister was quite pissed at me...we had ICQ chat and I humored her for a few sessions of it. She called me using her sisters mobile until I stopped answering. (Thank God she has apparently lost my #) Eventually after explaining myself and my reasons for breaking it off...she calmed down. Then a few days later...I started getting emails. ....... ::

I cannot give you any recommandation, but if I was in your position I'd pay the amount of THB 30K. At least from the e-mail of her sister it seems that she has stolen this money from her employer in order to pay for the abortion and now wants to repay it. This might be a scam but I would give her the credit of the doubt. That's at least imho.

I think I am gonna pay something definately. From my post, you should recognize that I do feel blame for this and I am ready to have some closure.

But what is fucked up is this work problem thing....Even before I decided to finish the relationship..I told her over and over that if she was indeed pregnant..I would take care in every way because if it was not all my responsibility, it was at least a joint responsibility....but she would hear none of it. Eventually she told me she had her period but it was after lengthy interrogation.

Why she would steal from her company is beyond me as she never struck me as this type of girl. This makes me feel sick if it is true. If she did do this to pay for the procedure....I just cant take responsibility for that. The offer to help her was always on the table. damn.........

Especially if they are not wealthy.

I bet the 'real' price would be less than 10K.

KS,

yes, I agree, only in the top hospitals an amount of THB 15K-20K has to be paid. Would you recommend to pay THB 10K? I believe that a fair amount is due in this case. Provided the story of her sister is true, then the girl is at high risk to lose her job. Well, one could argue that this is her own problem but I think the given circumstances have forced her to act like a thief. In this case I would pay the requested 30K THB and close the books for good.

Hi Doctor D,

If I were in your shoes, I'd simply ask for a receipt from the place the abortion occured, complete with letterhead info. If they did not have one, I'd ask them to go get one. If could not come up with one, that would tell me it's all a scam. If a legit receipt can be produced, then pay the amount, and chalk it up to experience.

Screwing around over there without a condom, can produce bad results, other than just a disease, which I'm sure you now realize. I'm not saying she really was not really preggo, but you should know that this is a very, very common ploy.

HT

Archived