Now it's getting fishy

In my weekly column, I wrote about a similar situation a couple of months back. It was all a total scam. Also, in the reader's submisions section of my site are at least two articles about this scam.... One must be careful not to be too cynical, but my gut feeling is that it is a scam.

Stick

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

If in fact its not a scam and she is pregnant and is is in fact HIS and the money he provides goes to fix the problem then surely he owes the girl the best healthcare available in Thailand. I have no idea what the best abortion clinic/hospital would charge, but I'm sure an abortion is a traumatic experience and after care is needed for both the physical and mental side of things so it cant just be for the actual abortion itself. so I dont think 30k sounds that far fetched really. Christ for the cost of a rubber he could of saved himself all this :D :D

Hi lopburi3,

I was confused too. Sister said girl was *now* preggo, but then goes on to say girl go 2 (?) days ago, to have baby taken out. I didn't fully understand either, until a few posts later. :)

HT

Hi Stick,

I agree. Fact is it is a third person (sister) communicating directives, and this is an exstremely common ploy. That does, in no way, mean that she really did not get pregnant. As I stated before....verify where the abortion took place, then take it from there. Can't verify?...it's a scam. If they can produce a receipt, and a call to the clinic verifies....then cough up the baht.

As with any girl, if you decide to have sex with her without a condom, then I believe that your commitment extends beyond mere payment of actual abortion fee. This is not an enjoyable thing for any girl to have done, and some extra financial support for her lost time at work, suffering, etc., would certainly be in order, as I think most here would agree.

This girl, as far as she portrayed herself, is not a prostitute, although sleeping with a falang she just meets from a chat room, is not real common among Thai girls not working the sex scene (in some fashion). But it can happen.

Just need to learn the actual facts, then proceed from what is learned. If this girl is, in fact, a non working girl, and she did in fact, get preggo, then poster needs to make things right. Communicating with her directly, would be a great start, IMO.

HT

Sounds to me like you really hurt this girl. If she was pregnant why would she turn to you after you dumped her. I wouldn't turn to you either. It sounds like she stole from her employer to have the abortion instead.

If you read the entire thread you will see that the abortion was discussed prior to any termination of the realtionship. I had always said that I would support her 100% and take care of this as best I could. (Monetarily being the best way) I have already said that I feel remorse about the way that this relationship played out. I already have admitted that I think I overestimated myself and what this relationship really was.

To all.....

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have tried to call the ex to no avail. I am still getting email correspondance from the sister, and she is apparently working on getting me a copy of the receipt. She said she understands my concern about wanting the receipt.

I seriously doubt I will be forking over 30 K baht. If she was pregnant, I think I owe this girl the cost of procedure plus days off. So for arguments sake...say 150% of the bill.

If nobody can produce a receipt I will not pay anything. My gut feeling has always been that the sister was trying to exact revenge on me. However, I know that i may have wronged this girl and if this were a true story I could not live with myself if I did not help her. So the facts are still to come.

Hopefully I will get this all settled soon. I always enjoy reading this board and rarely post. It is unfortunate that one of the current soap operas is revolved around me. ::

Oh, I forgot the going slogan on this board is that this girl is probably just a lying slut bitch that's trying to rip off this really good guy who didn't use a condom while he was fucking other girls at the same time he was with her. I won't list the number of diseases you could have given this girl.

God, I have no idea why I punish myself by going on this board.

Here we go...this guys screwing around without using protection and now he feels bad because it may cost him some money. That's his major concern. And we all are giving him moral support in case he loses some money over this.

You know...you are really attacking me here and I think it is unwarranted.

First, I DID have sex with other girls but I definatley used condoms. This may sound lame, but it is contrary to your attack.

You are really painting me as this awful human being, but if I was so awful, why would I :

1) even give a shit about this girl's well being

2) think twice about renumerating this girl for something that I am not even sure took place

3) continue correspondance

4) bother to post my situation on a public message board (that you are wondering why you bother to read)

I have already acknowledged that I may have wronged this girl. If I felt no sympathy, you would have never heard my story.

I hope you can see from my posts that I really want to do the right thing. Even if I have already done the wrong thing. I want to set this straight, but I also don't want to pay out $800 for no good reason.

I want to see some proof of this abortion actually taking place.....If it indeed did, I will be more than happy to accomodate.

While I certainly appreciate the other view, I do not appreciate personal attacks.

Archived