Now it's getting fishy

Hi Daddydog,

I'll tell you again to tone it down. This time as a moderator.

This forum is where members can share their experiences, good, or bad, without having to be subject to ridicule for not-so-smart actions on their part. That is the nature of this forum, as stated very clearly in the forum rules, written specificly for here. This is how we learn things, hopefully for all our benefit. Feel free to express your opinion about a certain situation, and your displeasure with it, but you can't flame the poster him/herself, as in your last line. You seem to have some 'issues'/anger that needs to be kept in check, at least, while here.

HT - 'Relationships' moderator

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't have to justify yourself here any more than you already have.

You did the right thing in a confusing situation and you should be proud of how you handled it.

Take care dude.

Its not an asian scam. Falang woman have landed their share of husbands/child support this way, and are vastly more proficient at it than the sister described in the OP. :eek:

biggrinsanta.gif MaiLuk frosty.gif

Dude you can say that again, Ive seen some Child bearing scams that will simply make your hair turn white...sounds like a good topic for the Bar

Hi,

From what I have read so far, it sounds like it was an affair of 2 consenting adults. I am for one who will jump on any person, male or female, if I feel that one party is being taken advantage of.

There are many women in Thailand/abroad who will take an advantage of a slip to claim that they are pregnant. Many Thai men need that kind of situation to nail them down for many of them feel that if women have sex before the marriages, they are just loose and do not deserve proper marriages.

I can see your point on trusting men. In this case, it seems that the man is trying to do his best. And the woman also was trying to be as sincere and did not want to act like many other Thai women. Perhaps that was why she had financial difficulties because she was trying to pay her share.

Cheers! :)

Says Doctor D:

I recently posted about the cost of abortions. My original intention was to send some money to ex gf for this procedure.

I was maybe skeptical about getting ripped off, but I could have sent some money and never thought twice about it.

I could have done this with a (somewhat) clear conscience due to the fact that it was I who ended the relationship. Also, because of my shortsightedness, it was very possible that she was indeed pregnant. I figured I could send her some money and it would be kind of a severance payment. (FWIW--she is not a BG)

Looking back, it's hard to say just how serious I ever was about this girl. I had a handful of ladies of the night during this liason also, so maybe I was never really that serious.

So I felt bad about this and want to give her total freedom so she could go to pursue another guy. By now I knew nothing would ever come of this.

During the relationship, there was talk of possible pregnancy. Mostly on my behalf and her saying she didn't wanna talk about it and that I should not worry...mai pen rai and all that bullshit. After I finished her, I brought his up and she again said don't worry.

Maybe I am just looking for some advice....maybe I am just looking to vent.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but I keep thinking about this girl. I mean did she really steal from her employer to pay for an abortion because she was too ashamed to turn to you or anyone else for help? Although you said you blocked her calls so maybe being able to talk to you wasn't possible. And, her sister in that email said she went to have an abortion but she didn't say that she had had one. Maybe like some women she backed out and couldn't go through with one. Those would be my concerns.

Whatever the case she needs to rebuild her life and move on. It will be easier for her to do that if you don't send any financial help or card saying you're sorry for any hurt you may have caused her. It sounds like just getting a call from you got her hopes up since you said she asked if you two could get back together again. Anyway, for her it sounds pretty sad. Lost her job, had an abortion, and still have feelings for you.

Now acourse everything I said can be quickly discounted by still suspecting her of trying to rip you off but that's not the feeling I get when I've read what you've said about this girl.

Anyway, for her it sounds pretty sad. Lost her job, had an abortion, and still have feelings for you.

Now acourse everything I said can be quickly discounted by still suspecting her of trying to rip you off but that's not the feeling I get when I've read what you've said about this girl.

The girl's statements seem consistent with being hurt, especially refusing to talk with him about pregnancy and saying "don't worry".

But there is no question it was a scam. We know she never had an abortion, they did not produce a receipt.

Maybe the girl had nothing to do with the scam, told her sister "I want no part of it".

Doctor D

so what is your plan then you gonna send her the money or not?

there is nothing here to do with what is right or wrong for her since they are not playing by the same rules as the westerners.

they think diffrent have diffrent values in life and act diffrent in many situations.

with not knowing the girl i say its a last deperat try from her to see if she can get you back or to milk the cow one last time.

i dont even know how i would react if i had a girl that i finish and then she tells me after a month that she is pregnant and need money to make an abortion. ::

so what is your plan then you gonna send her the money or not?

I have said....I am gonna just walk away from it.

Ex gf was pretty straight forward about me not helping her with any money. I also never saw a receipt or even learned where this abortion was performed.

• 2 months later...

Yes, that post seems just like written by a farang, maybe sister has an English boyfriend. WTF: A/C, I wouldn't have known that, had to guess...I live in Europe, never use that. seen American use this..../ often, maybe english too...

Pro scam imo

Also post has very few spelling mistakes, but has some anyway -Most of them located in a bunch in the end. But some difficult words are ok.

Just my thoughts, call your TG, not the sister.

EDIT: Hehe, late as allways...I read only the first page of this thread...Well scam is a scam :sleeping:

Doctor D. Here is my opinion. Have her take a simple urine sample at the clinic. Have her checked for HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin. Should cost less than $60.00 American. If she is pregnant it will be present in female urine for sure. Have that test result sent you with her name and clinic ID labeled. I'm a doctor here in USA. That should do it! Bigfun

Archived