Heard in Bangkok Discos......

Sarisin

Just walk into any Bangkok gogo bar and hang around for an hour or more, and you are bound to hear one of the following songs:

The Ketchup Song, by Las Ketchup. I first heard this when I was in Angeles City and witnessed the Filopina gogo dancers doing that Macarena-like dance on stage and going nuts whenever it was played. I returned to Bangkok and discovered the Thai girls embraced this song and dance just as much in the Bangkok gogo bars.

It is especially fun to watch an assortment of big, drunk farang guys attempt to do this dance. Uh, that would have been us New Year?s Eve in several bars and we certainly had the Thai girls laughing their asses off with our special ?Ketchup Moves.?

The second song you will hear is I believe the number one Thai pop song in the Kingdom. It is by Pi Bird (Thongchai McIntyre) and features Jintara (thai3 are you out there?), Nat Myria, and Kateeya English. The music video of this song is also good.

I have found that this song is played in every gogo bar regardless of the usual music format ? and, when it is played, the Thai girls in attendance go wild.

I had the pleasure of taking board member pabs and his friend Tony Macaroni out for the past seven nights and it was really great. These two guys bought me (and a few others) a copy of Bird?s CD which we picked up and took out with us to the bars last night. I can say we could have easily gotten laid by giving any number of bargirls this CD last night. They went crazy when they saw it.

So, get ready for these two songs when you visit a gogo bar in Bangkok.

Oh, by the way, last night was a very good night for a Thursday after New Year?s in the bars. Visits to Bus Stop, Rainbow, and Mandarin revealed a very large surplus of cute, frisky ladies seemingly fully recovered from their New Year?s hangovers and ready for more sanuk.

And, hot damn, the weekend starts tonight. Time to practice my Ketchup Dance. :drunk:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"The second song you will hear is I believe the number one Thai pop song in the Kingdom. It is by Pi Bird (Thongchai McIntyre) and features Jintara (thai3 are you out there?), Nat Myria, and Kateeya English. The music video of this song is also good."

Aaarrrggghhhh!!! This song is driving me crazy. I didn't much like it the first time I heard it, and hearing it 20 times a day is not helping in changing my opinion of it.

Sanuk!

Is the song called Fanja (Fanclub)

I like this song.

My GF told me the bloke was called Burt but maybee I miss understood.

The girl is lovely, From Isaan if my GF's facts are correct.

You shouls hear TG'S laughing their arse off when I try and sing along.

Even the Taxi drivers have a good chuckle.

Well I like it anyway

hate the Ketchup Song

Im in UK at the moment for Christmas and New Year and Ketchup song is non existant here.

Always a bonus

Yes, greg, sorry I failed to mention the title.

Jintara is from the Northeast, Nat Myria the south, and Kateeya English the north.

I would guess that Bird is probably one of the most popular singers ever in Thailand and has likely sold more CDs/tapes, etc. than anyone.

Although the song will get tiring after awhile as KS suggest, for now, it really sends a jolt of electricity into the shufflers whenever it is played in the gogo bars. :)

No regular table yet, greg, but I think TopCat is considering it. Of course, the table would likely have a picture of Bozo the Clown inscribed on it. :clown:

I do love playing with the kittens, and, although I usually don't make it there in time for the best Happy Hour in town, I still think their prices are among the best in the Plaza.

I'll probably be stopping by again tonight in hopes that more kittens have returned from their holidays.

As to TopCat, well, last I heard he was busy shopping for Jockey Shorts and Fizzies in the US somewhere. :)

Archived