Non-BG/Prost. Thai women Marriages to Americans

jasmine

Hi,

[color:"red"]That's because they know you are too smart to believe their lies, or let them do you damage. You sound like a strong intelligent lady. I've been very happy to be able to read your wonderful posts here. You are an asset to this board, and to those of us who appreciate having your wisdom and unwavering truthful intelligence and humor here. Thanks for all your great posts and discussions.

Cent [/color]

Dear Cent, you made my night. Hubby does not feel well, so we are sitting at home instead of going out for our Saturday ballroom dancing. Thanks for the kind words. :o

Cheers!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I would like to thank everyone for their support. My life is going very well without this girl. I am actually sleeping better at night. I am going on vacation tomorrow morning, when I get back I am going to cancel her petition. I will tell the I.N.S. she married me out if fraud. She will be asked to leave or face deportation. I think the kids will be happier with their loving family in Thailand :). I just need her for my 2002 taxes. Thanks again for everyones support.

kevin

I am saddened by the stories that didn't work out and hope that others on the board learn from such stories but are careful not to generalise all Thai women. The 'good' stories, like Jasmine's marriage are a good balance.

Jasmine, I have a question. How does religion play in these marriages. I assume that most of the men are not religious and would probably assume either the same for the wives or they practice Buddhism and the men don't mind. A guess on my part.

Regarding children in these relationships, are they bilingual? Personally I would love any kids I have to know as many languages as possible.

Lastly, what are YOUR recommendations for falang men who are thinking about marrying Thai / Asian women? Assuming these are non BGs at least HS educated. We are all well aware (or at least I hope from this site) of the potential problems marrying a BG. Although, I think you can find diamonds in any group of people and there are successful falang/BG relationships.

Also, I would like to thank those brave enough to post their personal saga.

Of course there is little sincerity in "pak wan"..... but my GF tells me that I am, mak,mak.... and even if it is not "ching,ching", she likes to hear it all the same. :grinyes: :grinyes:

Of course I KNOW it's ching, ching and love her all the more for allowing BOTH of us to enjoy our reality !!

(Will probably never finish cooking. Just hope to invite to a mutually acceptable place, some day!) :neener:

Hi,

[color:"red"]Jasmine, I have a question. How does religion play in these marriages. I assume that most of the men are not religious and would probably assume either the same for the wives or they practice Buddhism and the men don't mind. A guess on my part. [/color]

Religion is a good point and I did not bring it up because in none of these marriages, it was an issue.

The 2 women of the 11 have been Christians along with the Thai families. The rest of them (us) were brought up primarily in Buddhism. I was brought up with knowledge of others (Catholic and Moslem) for my father wanted me to decide for a religion myself. One woman was also brought up in Catholic but she change to Buddhism before the marriage.

If ones understand Buddhists well, ones will find out that the Budhists are quite tolerant with other religions. When my daughter was little, we took her to church every Sunday. I have no problem with any religion as long as we respect each other and want to teach people to respect each other?s choice.

The husbands, as far as I know (I have not known all of them) did not mind the Buddhism practice, especially my husband. If you look at the religions carefully, they have the mutual goal of teaching people to be good persons, and be kind to each other. :: :: ::

Cheers!

I would just like to add my 2 cents on religion stuff.

Thai buddhists are very accomodating in my book when it comes to religion. In my previous marriage religion was something that we never had any disagreement about. Ex is very Thai buddhist, is also on the board of Thai buddhist . association in my country. Respected and respects other religons. Convinced me that when it comes to religion Thais are more mature than us westerns.

Its not like those Stupid muslim f***s (yeah moderate this post if you like moderator!!!!). Live and let live.!!!!

Cheers!

P.S.: many muslims in Thailand also. To me it seems like ice in hell, its weird and how did they get there?

"I am saddened by the stories that didn't work out and hope that others on the board learn from such stories but are careful not to generalise all Thai women. The 'good' stories, like Jasmine's marriage are a good balance."

Steve, there are many success stories between Thai and farang which does not make it to this board.

Here, its prostitutes and their stories which makes a wrong image. Thats not Thailand and the Thais I know and love.

Cheers!

Archived