Bars on Wheels

Sarisin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says MadStockBroker:

Sarisin - you were right about good things not lasting.....

Seems like the bar on wheels is no longer sitting outside the beer garden on Soi 7.

they are moving around; i have seen them at least at 5 different locations around sukhumvit during the last couple of weeks

- soi 7

- entrance of ambassador beergarden

- soi 11

- close to soi 12

- times square

etc.etc.

I think that their regular parking spot is the Ambassador food court and they sometimes move around from there. On my last couple of trips they were outside the Ambassador more than anywhere else. They have a lot more space there. Last trip I had a Norwegian friend with me who doesn't drink beer and he made great use of the cocktails. He was blown away at how cheap they were....50 baht.

Uniformguy

...so after tonight my liver will get a much deserved rest.

Hope I don't sound like your mother... but to help protect your liver during periods of heavy alcohol intake try taking Milk Thistle (silymarin). It's available in most health food stores in a standardized 30:1 extract.

Take three or four 150 mg capsules per day - especially helpful if you take a couple at dinner time before hitting the bars. That's what I do anyway, and I've repeatedly read it really helps protect the old liver.

(Sorry KS, I reckon this belongs in the Health section) :)

ST

great advise!

does it also help for kidneys? i got some pain there after drinking heavy over selveral days during christmas/new year. i used to be capable to drink a lot, when i was young. but growing older, your body can't stand it anymore...

Thanks for the advice, ST, but as you know, since I cured my alcoholism problem I never drink to excess now (well, accept for Halloween and those damn Santos tequila shots :)). I am pretty good about having a beer, having a water/club soda/soft drink, and seldom consume more than 4 beers a night. And, this is generally over a 6-7 hour period.

So the jokes about my liver were seriously exaggerated.

In fact last night I enjoyed a night of mostly chilling out sitting at Sam's 2000, eating, and nursing a draft beer.

Also, hit Our Place where I met the usual "It my first night work" girl.

Thermae had a nice crowd last night and it appears that the Asian invasion is over. I was amazed to see the rear of Thermae bereft of Asian males. There were a number of Thai girls who usually seek out these guys and they were wandering around aimlessly as if in shock. Hell, even a few spoke to us for a change. :)

Next two nights I plan to catch up on dating - a lost art for me during the past 15 days of Vinny's visit.

But, then, the weekend arrives and..... :drunk:

Glad to hear you are behaving yourself, but I don't recall you drinking that many nom sodas on the nights I was with you? :: Still, this is good stuff to take even with moderate alcohol consumption and may benefit some of us more than others...

Back to the straight ladies eh? Would this by chance include the knockout that joined you New Year's Eve? Damn, I think she was one of the best looking ladies I saw during my entire trip! An absolutely gorgeous creature - gals like her could be dangerous for a single guy. :)

ST

Archived