Japanese... is it right? do they care?

"...all BG's are lying scheming scam artist whore...'

No, All WOMEN are, not just bar girls...Never trust anything that can bleed for 5 days and not die!

"...BG's can never make good wives..."

Bullshit, I know plenty who have. The problem is, most wives wouldn't make good bar girls, :) Kow Jai Mai? :)

"...Thais want to scam farangs..."

Debatable :)

"...Isaan people are stupid threads..."

Some of those stupid girls do a good job out smarting us know it alls :)

As for Japs ruining it for us...? hmmm...ok explain Soi 33 to me? high prices, high bar fines, elite stand offish/stay away attitude in some places, and No Japanese in sight.;..so, one could hence argue that White punters with too much money they are willing to blow in these places will drive up costs in other places...makes as much sense, or lack of sense as the Japanese arguement...but, that said, ANY punters paying too much will effect prices...but then it comes down to the girl, her wants/needs and her options at the time...

That said, I'll wait and make racist comments later...ok, I'll make a comment now. Trouble I have with SOME Japanese is, they feel they can go anywhere, but want to keep certain places for themselves only...SOME, NOT ALL. OK, and I hate the goofy hates and cases some of them walk around with...ok got that in...now, lets discuss the Eskimo Punter I met years back...what a....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wendella said:

So the thrust of your argument seems to be that I dont even have a right to speak about it.

You got that wrong. The thrust as I read it was rather that you better know what you talk about if you come along with "let's face it'-wisdoms.

Never mind, you're not supposed to be an expert in inter-asian matters and the internet is democratic - so speak out - just accept that your "conclusion" will be slagged off as the reccuring ejaculatio praecox of a western tourist who's used to think of himself as being on top of the food chain.

These silly "the-japs (not that you'd know if they are actually Japanese, Korean or Taiwanese) -are-spoiling-it-for-us" ramblings are rolling since Thailand has become a mainstream tourist destination for westerners.

Why be so reticent to make such a fair comment? I think for most people the only issue is the exclusivity of some Japanese, Koreans etc. Anyone who has been to LA Cafe in Manila will know how bad that can be. There is one area of LA Cafe that used to be open to all but is now pimp-controlled for Koreans only. That is racist bullshit that we shouldn't put up with.

"Discrimination" of that kind has never bothered me. They don't want me there - hey, then I don't want to be there. Denying an individual access on the basis of race or ethnicity to essential public services or even private-sphere services such as hotels, restaurants, department stores, etc. is very wrong. However, bars and P4P establishments fall into a very different category and "discrimination" cuts both ways. It's just a matter of chance who happens to be in the minority at a given moment.

In the New York metro area, there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of bars where I would be denied service - and I am about as White, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant as it's possible to be. The reason? Mostly because "standard looking" WASP guys aren't the desired customer base at these bars, but sometimes because the bar owner believes that there would inevitably be trouble, i.e., a physical clash between me and one or more of the other guests. By barring me what does he lose? Only the profit on one or two beers. But if I stay, quite a few of his regular customers may flee the bar (out-of-place WASPs are often thought to be undercover cops, supoena or warrant servers, parole or immigration officers, bounty hunters, health inspectors, even child services checking on unsuitable parents). Or someone will start a fight with me and that could result in huge trouble for the bar owner.

So if I'm headed into a bar where I won't be welcome, whether in NYC or BKK, I'm happy if someone stops me at the door. What's the fun , what do you gain, by going to a place where everyone hates you?

:devil:

Hello Moolor.I said "you know Japanese or for that matter asians don't marry BG's(OFTEN).I wrote (OFTEN)" Firstly, what has that got to do with the line of this thread, and secondly debateable." you said. REREAD MY POST. First of all I've lived in Japan for years and still visit a couple of times a year. I know about JAPANESENESS. Generally speaking they do not marry BG's especially if one is not Japanese. I was only using this example to say, again that Farang probably pay just as much or more if you consider all the Farang supporting them from overseas and eventually marrying them.!!! So we are the biggest culprit. we are ruining it for ourselves. Make sense? not the Japanese!!!

I said,"you should know you were married to one," I suspect you mean if I was married to one,no?you wrote. I thought you were married to a Japanese? no not a BG. I said. "know a little about their culture," SORRY I meant to say since you were married to one you know something,a little bit about their culture?," So I thought you knew that marrying a foreign BG's is not the norm there in Japan.It's a no, no!!!. I said."maybe it's you. You just don't attract the girls with your charm expecially with a little money you like to spend." you wrote-Yeah it must be that...I'm 30(certainly not bad looking) and I'm as opposite a cheap charlie as you CAN GET!!! WOW. Congratulations. Than you shouldn't certainly have any problems with these little yellow people. Why don't you let these defenseless little yellow people who won't argue,get into a brawl with you and can only get girls by paying for them have fun!!!!.Why so much hositility?You shouldn't have any problems if you aren't kii neaw, cheap. Perhaps you're ruining it for us old fat farang. You know I wish I could change places with you. I'd rather be rich,young stud like you. See the difference between you and them(Japanese) is that the BG's like you for who you are. The great looking young stud that you are with money where as they the BG's like the Japanese for only their money for short time,wella san. Very supperficial if you ask me. Finally you wrote. "what happened with your mate and the firecracker is regretable,but thats just a minority of idiots who don't have self control. REREAD MY POST PLEASE. Yes to my buddy as well as another Japanese this year. Read Pattaya mail. Janurary edition. Let me expand on this. If I had a dime for everytime some idiot farang went up to him in a beer bar or on the streets and told him. "You are with my girl there." and harrassed him, I could probably buy a cheap condo off Sukhimvit. Did you read my OP about farang making wise cracks and breathing down his neck and rolling eye and making gesture. My buddy has a great comeback for all these idiots. He'll tell them."I'm sorry I didn't know she was with you. You can take your girl and shove it for there are hundred and thousands of hookers, working girls ,bitches,sopinee better than her all over Thailand." They all look at him like this chap actually talks back in english and leaves. This might be the reason why they have Japanese only bar. I certainly think that these young bucks(farang) have this suppriority complex. Like they've been in the scene a long time and that these Japanese tourists are ruining it for them....taking away the babes. Far from it. I don't know if you know this but the Japanese have been in the scenes since the 60's, having sex tours way before you were born. I have a suggestion for you young man. Why don't you return to FARANGLAND? Here in the States, Asian girls are OPEN SEASON....dime a dozen. As matter of fact every single asian babes dating or getting hooked up with farang. And they are free. You also don't have to pay for the flight to Farangland. Forget about the Unigirls shit in BKK. They can be very expensive you know. A lot more than the BG's. And the Asians have the market kind of, I hate say it cornered. Monopolized. Just kidding. Puut len. You know what if you are still there when I get there I 'll show you how it's really done. We'll pull up a chair next to these Japanese gentle souls and party with them. Have you ever did it up with them?. In all lilely hood they'll buy you and I a drink. No not just a drink. They the Japanese will probably pick up the tab for the whole night. That's the way they are. Very generuos. Especially with handsome farang who knows what he is doing. And you know what they'll probably pay your barfine as well. We could really have fun with them. You know your OP was a troll right?It wasn't about money spent by Japanese.You just don't like them.!!! You have a right to your opinion. Call me racist pig but I hate our middle aged fat fuck here in states. They are so fat and ugly. Someone posted about Thai having long fingers in another thread. All the middle aged fat fucks here have stubby fingers,fat ankles short legs and enough said... Good luck, chok dii, jan gao. relax and have fun, fun, fun...sanuk ... MooLOR eee

Been living in SEA for 3 years now. No tourist here.

I can't believe anyone born in a western democratic country would seriously think a Japanese-only policy in a public nightclub is legitimate.

Don't think I can be convinced that this thing that seems so clearly wrong to me is less wrong because you can think of other examples of things happening in the US or other places that are also wrong.

I think what you're referring to is NY City nightclubs that choose which people can come in, right? If so... For one, it's going to be pretty tough for someone to logically defend what those clubs do. (They actually don't bar people based on their race, though. I think a more relevant comparison would be country clubs in the US that bar non-WASPS.) But if you choose to accept that, well, to me that says that you're pretty tolerant of things you know are wrong. I'm not.

What I'm saying is that Japanese-only bars are a pretty clear example of racial discrimination. Racial discrimination is wrong whether you're in Thailand, Japan or Antarctica -- you wouldn't think it was relative in Asia if you were Hines Ward's Korean mother being spat on there by her fellow Koreans. That racism is popular and acceptable in some of these places doesn't make it not wrong.

What I'm taken aback by, and what made me want to write something, was the mental gymnastics I'm seeing people jump through here to try to justify something that's so blatantly wrong. I mean, these rules are there for one reason -- those Japanese customers don't like foreigners. They find our presence distasteful. You may think that's harmless... I don't.

On this issue, of accepting people of different races and cultures, we in the west (and actually in other places too) have done a LOT more growing up than the Japanese. Accepting people of other races and cultures IS better than discrimination. That doesn't seem very complicated or controversial to me.

Anyway, on a different level... you have to admit it's kind of fucked up for the Japanese to be invading the bars catering to westerners en masse, but then refusing to allow those same westerners into bars catering to them.

Archived