FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

no problem.

i don't ever recall saying anything really nasty about any 1 Team or Player,except maybe Leeds.

but it's ok,i'll just not mention Arsenal Football Club,Mr.Wenger or any other employee of Arsenal Football Club......i will give them the utmost respect in future.

i suppose that means i should refrain from replying to any post from an Arsenal Football Club supporter in future.... :closemouth:

Sayjann,

Unfortunately this is a typical reaction of yours. Takling the piss out of others but when somebody doesn't agree, you're imemdiately on your back feet and just ignore the whole subject/topic/person. CS comes to mind. I still don't think that was funny and told you so.

You can't take critizism on your person as good as you claim you can.

But hey, up to you, if you wanna shut up about the Arsenal, so be it :beer:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Munchie and all you other Gooners, it'll be an interesting season to say the least. So many things are playing in the background as well, like Wenger staying or leaving.

Although Arsenal may not immediately challenge for the title this season, they may perform a lot better than many non Gooners will think.

There's still plenty of very good players left and they can do the job.

The midfield is indeed a place where the team could need some good scoring capability. Let's hope Rosicky will pick up on his tally.

Agree about hoping it isn't Bent. I just don't see Wenger going for him. He's not a Wenger type of striker. My hope (and prayers) is Anelka. Some back pages are touting him as a replacement but Wenger was very upset, understandibly, of how he left us.

I think we'll do better than some think we will.

I actually think that this was a shrewd piece of business by Wenger. TH has been not only an excellent servent to the club but also an asset to the premiership, even I can take off my Man United tinted glasses and recognise class when I see it.

TH only had one year left on his contract and will be 31 by that time, last season he only made 17 starts due to injury, so 16 million for him now is a great return.

TH only had one year left on his contract and will be 31 by that time, last season he only made 17 starts due to injury, so 16 million for him now is a great return.
I thought he signed a new 4 year deal after last years CL final :dunno:

I did read somewhere yesterday somebody stating that a new FIFA ruling allowed players over the age of 29 to buy their contracts out. So Barca efectively bought out the 3 remaining years, I've never heard of this but that doesn't mean a lot.

Whatever, could be a good bit of business from Arsene again. Over the years he seems to know when to get rid of players.

Cheers

K

First of all, I think Gooners should be happy for Henry, despite the hole he's leaving behind. Very hard to fill but he very much deserves to play for the only club he'd wanted to exchange the Arse for.

Advantages as I see it (some mentioned already)

- good price

- makes team more independent thus stronger on the whole

- IMO can make better use of midfield now Henry's speed is in Spain.

- Puts pressure on remaining strikers (can works wonders though...or a burden)

- Fresh faces (if any) is a sign of ambition which is a nice motivation boost.

There are more advantages though but just look on the bright side , no? :)

Why is it when someone who used to be a footballer, but hasn't played for 30, 40 or 50 years or more, dies, he is considered "a loss to the game"?

How is he a "loss to the game"? Surely he was only a "loss to the game" when he retired, assuming that he was still playing well.

Just asking Sayjaan, not attaching your post.

Why is it when someone who used to be a footballer, but hasn't played for 30, 40 or 50 years or more, dies, he is considered "a loss to the game"?

How is he a "loss to the game"? Surely he was only a "loss to the game" when he retired, assuming that he was still playing well.

I often thought that before and my mate and me were debating recentely when Alan Ball died. They were having a minutes silence 3 weeks after his death at a game. I think its a British sentimental attachment to legends that once were...

The game is about more than the players on the pitch. It is about the people around it, the personalities and the legends that football has produced.

Take this man for instance,

drfun.jpg

the famous Dr Fun. You have probably never heard of him but he was a legend at Anfield. He was an ex Butlins redcoat and he seemed to be at Anfield for every match bellowing his heart out, decked out in red and holding his Ken Dodd puppet. He died last year, for Liverpool fans he is a sad loss to the game even though he never played.

Archived