Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

Guest lazyphil

i hear you simie and i know two ex army guys both with fucked knees down to running....with army boots (thats their reasoning), now its possible with correct footwear they may be ok now, who knows. i had my 'gait' anaylzed properly and they had me try on a whole load of trainers before finding the right ones (and no not selling me the most expensive pair!).....note, i did say to MM wait till hes shed lots of weight before running which is what i did, then start, running straight off on a diet/exercise program is very unwise but running sensibly when some weight is off is ok imho, but all that said i dont want knee trouble and the moment i felt any twinges i would stop and lay off the running and concerntrate on swimming for a while. but i tell you this running ime is without doubt the most effective way of keeping the weight stable and general fittness condition in good order.

barry, cutting out carbs is nonsense if you dont mind me saying so (stored energy turns to fat be it spinach or spuds!), you need a balance of everything, carbs, fats, protein etc etc, i eat rice, sandwichs, potatoes etc just in moderation!

Dont starve yourself but only eat when you're hungrey and stop when you're full!!!!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Also try and fit in incidental excercise.. Stairs instead of the escalator etc.."

Ha, yeh... Thats got me thinking.

Next time the mrs nips out to grab the shopping and I dive for my Maria Ozawal (J Girl) DVD, ill strap some small weights to my right wrist :D

Anyway, Munchmaster has inspired me already. I have just been to Tesco and brought two bottles on wine and some soda. My first night in many many weeks off the beer. I also ate Thai food earlier with my Mrs, along with lots of chuckles and piss taking about 'you will be eating pizza again in three days"

ups and downs for me as well. was at 96kg some years ago and then down to 83, now back to 88! want to achieve to get below 80 this year!

agree that BMI is somehow is not reliable. if a TG ahs a BMI of 25 she looks pretty (or not so pretty) chubby. if i would have a BMI of 25 i could be a model for a malnourished guy from a underdevelopped country! :neener:

i try to post more on this board and add many smilies and have lost over six k so far .....good luck :thumbup:

wow! great advise! :neener:

with your thousand of posts and millions of :neener: you have lost 6 kg! :neener:

congratulations! :neener: you are the winner! :neener:

i will start to keep up!

:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:

....Anyway, Munchmaster has inspired me already. I have just been to Tesco and brought two bottles on wine and some soda. My first night in many many weeks off the beer....

Good man Stan, just don't drink an equivalent amount of wine and soda to your normal beer quantity, otherwise I doubt you'll see too much improvement. Also try night on night off or say three days off at the beginning of every week. No point going cold turkey because you won't be able to maintain it for long but try and ease off with dry days here and there if possible. My norm would be 3 or 4 double gins at the pub after work, then get home and have a few beers or open a bottle of wine while watching a movie and if no work the next day probably have a couple of malts before going to bed. This week I've had 2 glasses of wine but I know I won't be able to maintain that week in week out. Achieving moderation I suppose is what we have to aim for. :thumbup:

Seems to be working Munch. Ive had an easy bottle of wine with soda and i feel suprisingly merry. I would go as far as saying a little drunk. Amazing, actualy..... i can drink 15 cans of Singha and not miss a step. One bottle of wine, and im border line drunk. How is that possible?

This is a good thing as ill wind down soon and feel like hitting the sack; as aposed to sitting on my balcony, caning beer, waiting for the sleepy feeling to kick in.

Tommorow, im having 18 holes of golf. Ive brought some lettuce from Tesco and im going to have a 'lettuce wrap' of tuna, onion and pepper. Ill feel like a complete lezbian eating it but im fine with that. Its a start.

Fuck it. Im realy going to do this. How hard can it be???

Archived