Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted but;

I havent excercised.

I killed the beer for one night and brought wine. The next day i had a cracking hangover and tried whisky the following night. That also gave me a cracking hangover and very nearly lost me a client (after i drunkenly emailed him with harsh words)

So im back on the beer. I brought 4 cans and vowed to make that last me the night. This evening, as i write this, i am on my 8th can and have another 8 in the fridge. I can drink ger-zillions of cans and not feel remotley drunk, thus enabling me to email clients with more cheerfull tones, and also do not get hangover the next day, enabling me to hit the bike, play golf etc etc.

Im going to struggle with this mission without giving up beer.

I ate sandwhiches all for breakfast, lunch and dinner today and yesterday. Aside from one day on Thai food, i wimped out. That was owing to the hangovers in which i could not be arsed with Thai food. The hangover owed to drinking wine and whisky, in order to get off the beer - which gave me the beer belly.

Essentialy, i have been a pathetic weak minded wimp and do not deserve to post in this thread, lol.

For what its worth, its on my mind constantly.

I mentioned in an earlier post that i was thinking of buying an I-Pod to liven up the daily mountain bike sessions - of which i have done just once. I brought one this evening and plan to hit the bike in the morning.

example--today started with porridge with skimmed milk and maple syrup (honey is nice too)....mid morning some unsalted peanuts, just had haddock kedgeree....about 5pm will be grilled chicken fillets and some steamed veggies followed by low fat ambrosia rice pudding. ran 4m, yesterday did weighted lunges, squats, leg extensions, weighted stomach crunches :hubba: and leg raises. rest tomorrow. if i can do it you can do it MM :)

Don't underestimate Munchie and his willpower, you should have seen him last night at an Irish pub in Dubai, went like this....

Munchie: may I have the menu please, :hubba:

Waitress: here it is :)

Munchie: Look they have a green salad, :hmmm:

Munchie, 30 secs later: I don't want a feckin green salad :cussing:

Munchie, 90 secs later: Fish, chips and mushy peas please :devil:

Teddy: Pint of guiness with that Munchie? :dunno:

Munchie: No I'm on a diet, a pint of Kilkenny will do me :nono:

:beer:

Fairly close to reality Teddy but I wouldn't have eaten anything if you and Candyfloss hadn't. The Kilkenny would have been sufficient nourishment.

Had 4 or 5 Kilkennys by the end of the night and then Flossie came back to my place to watch the Arsenal v Spurs match and we had a few malts.

Anyway that was, I hope, my one session for the week. As I post I've had no alcohol today and dinner was grilled salmon with spaghetti in olive oil with some salad.

No point trying to stop all alcohol consumption or all tasty, but fattening, food because it would be too difficult to maintain. Compromise is better.

Stan, try Teddys advice and stay off the booze a few nights a week. Drinking different booze but still drinking 7 nights a week is not going to get you anywhere. :thumbup:

Granted but;

I havent excercised.

I killed the beer for one night and brought wine. The next day i had a cracking hangover and tried whisky the following night. That also gave me a cracking hangover and very nearly lost me a client (after i drunkenly emailed him with harsh words)

So im back on the beer. I brought 4 cans and vowed to make that last me the night. This evening, as i write this, i am on my 8th can and have another 8 in the fridge.

Loosing weight while drinking 4-8 cans of beer a day is IMHO nearly impossible.

Do you think that you can go a week without any booze? If not you might be in real trouble, but others here on the board might know more about this matter.

Also, loosing weight without exercise won't give you a real good look. I did it once and when I came close to my ideal weight :cool: several people commented that I looked ill. The reason: without exercise I lost muscles too and especially my face looked a little bit haggard.

:crazy:

today my birthday, was taken by wife and my mum to Sheraton on River buffet, as we had a free for two voucher.

All my heard work of the week has been lost by tonight's efforts I am sure.

Now if only I can find a celebration to avoid next week I may actually loose some weight as I have cut back the booze to once a week if that.

Archived