Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

today my birthday, was taken by wife and my mum to Sheraton on River buffet, as we had a free for two voucher.

All my heard work of the week has been lost by tonight's efforts I am sure.

Now if only I can find a celebration to avoid next week I may actually loose some weight as I have cut back the booze to once a week if that.

If you stick to your diet and maybe increase exercise for 1-2 days you will be back on track soon. Failure is part of a diet and should not be taken too seriously - as long it doesn't happen too often of course.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news is that I don't drink a lot at all. Bad news is that to lose weight, I am having to cut back on how much I eat--that may be tougher. :alert: Certainly believe in exercise. It has a lot of benefits, not the least of which is reducing the risk of having to stick needles in myself to inject insulin. But very few of us porkers are going to exercise enough to make it that big a factor in weight loss without cutting back on the calories.

Making the first serious effort to lose weight in a while. Several factors:

Simple curiosity to see what it would be like to be on the low side of 230 lbs. Haven't been there since about 1996. May have touched 260 lbs over the holidays.

Doctor had tried starting me on high blood pressure medication, a diuretic that is generally well-tolerated. Not for me, made me feel like I had the flu.

Maybe scuba, which I didn't start until 4 years ago, will be easier without the excess fat.

See if I can go without the blue pills. :chili:

Will I hit the goal? Maybe. Will I keep it off? Probably not, but surely won't succeed if I don't try and problems of being this heavy at 57 as opposed to 47 may be the necessary motivation. :elephant::twocents:

Munchie

Well, I am back to being a fat bastard, but trying to shed the lb's.

I had been as high as 124kg, did the south beach diet with exercise and got down to 91kg. Then I had a foot injury, with surgery, that has me back at 108.

I'm back on my good diet, exercising, and doing all the right things. Just need to stay away from the beer!

Here is my :twocents::wave:

1) Do eat and never skip meals. If you don't eat enough or start skipping meals your body will shut down and you won't lose weight.

2)Cut the high calorie foods, like meat, to 1/4 your normal portion size and double the portions of veggies and fruit.

3) Don't drink calories, ie avoid fruit juice but do eat whole fruits.

4) Keep your home a safe place by not buying crisps, sweets, etc. Keep fresh fruit or nosalt nuts around for snacks if you get hungry.

5) Exercise at least 5 times per week, but always have a break each week. It gives the body time to recover.

As for me, I need to lose 7 kg. :help:

i think we should have a weigh in at the end of each month. good news for me is that i started teh month at 94kg and am now down to 91. I have been eating a bit less but also have not been drinking any beer the past 2 weeks. I have also been getting less exercise than normal (if that is possible)as i have been laid up with a nasty bout of sicatica. My aim is to get below 90kg by the end of Jan. Now that i have had a small win i am determined to do it.

Here is my :twocents::wave:

1) Do eat and never skip meals. If you don't eat enough or start skipping meals your body will shut down and you won't lose weight.

[color:green]Check.[/color]

2)Cut the high calorie foods, like meat, to 1/4 your normal portion size and double the portions of veggies and fruit.

[color:green]I could inhale an 8 oz package of cheddar cheese right now, but that's how I got here. Developing a new appreciation (or loathing) for broccoli when I order off the weight watchers menu.[/color]

3) Don't drink calories, ie avoid fruit juice but do eat whole fruits.

[color:green]Not that hard after the orange juice in the morning to get the system going.[/color]

4) Keep your home a safe place by not buying crisps, sweets, etc. Keep fresh fruit or nosalt nuts around for snacks if you get hungry.

[color:green]Think I will eat an orange right now. You're making me hungry. Sliced carrots are also good and keep you regular.[/color]

5) Exercise at least 5 times per week, but always have a break each week. It gives the body time to recover.

[color:green]Managing 3 times. Will try to work in an occasional 30 minute walk as well.[/color]

As for me, I need to lose 7 kg. :help:

Archived