Anyone Else Want To Try and Lose Some Weight?

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....3) Don't drink calories, ie avoid fruit juice but do eat whole fruits....

I find eating whole fruits boring and know that I won't eat enough so what I do is make fruit smoothies and so effectively drink the fruit without buying fruit juices. :thumbup:

I find it much easier to eat vegetables (with a meal) but I also drink vegetable juice as a backup. Specifically V8 vegetable juice which actually tastes good.

photo_v8red.jpg

Well done Munch.

Its lame, granted, but i am pulling out of this for the time being.

Actualy, 'pulling out' would suggest i took part, and i didnt realy. My eforts consisted of;

Two nights off the beer (drank wine and whisky instead)

One round of golf

Two bike rides

I have to fly to England for a week, leaving this Friday, and theres no way im turning down bona fida English pub grub, so ill pick up sometime soon.

Good luck Munch. Ill keep a keen eye on this thread.

I am 6'1". Eleven months ago I weighed 255 lbs. Now I weigh 185 lbs. for a loss of 70 lbs. (Sorry about the lack of metric equivalents - I'm a fookin' Yank.) I was a fairly big beer drinker (~25 pints per week), ate too heartily and didn't exercise for shit. I cut back to drinking alcohol (still beer, mostly) only 2-3 times per month. I eat 5 or 6 times per day but much smaller portions. I made a big shift away from flour, sugar, and starches; now it's all whole grains, lean meats and fish, fruits and vegetables. I go to the gym 4-5 times per week and also do more walking around as well. It has made a huge difference in my life! I'm in my late 40s and I look much younger and more vital than I did a year ago. I feel different every minute and people treat me differently as well. I intend to lose another 10-15 lbs. and then try to keep it below 175 lbs. from here on out. I take "time out" for holidays and special events, but I have settled in to the understanding that I just can't go back to the way I lived before. I have so far avoided the typical health problems experienced by men who drink, smoke, and overeat, but I've seen family and friends lose a lot for these indulgences. I fully enjoyed the life of the fat bastard for a number of years, but I've concluded that old age and obesity simply don't mix. My advice is to figure out what it will take for YOU to lose 1-1.5 lbs. per week and then do that every week for the next 1-1.5 years. Then when you get to where you want to be, you can ease up a bit but not much. Once you are eleven months into it, as I am today, you will understand implicitly that you can't ever go back to eating and drinking and not exercising like you were before without going back to being a fat bastard. You gotta choose. Good luck!

6 Foot, 147 Pounds, I drink at least 10 pints a day plus spirits, and I eat like a horse, for some reason I cannot put any weight on and I am trying to.

I don't know which is more difficult, loosing weight or trying to gain it, but hey I have more fun trying to gain it :neener:

Archived