Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

Yes I agree with many of the previous posters. Would'nt miss the dump for a minute but hope it stays otherwise all the punters and bar owners there will migrate to other areas some of which I might happen to like and fuck them up as well. Of course thats already started in Cowboy with the slow influx of some Nana owners buying bars there and bringing there crap with them and some Nana girls moving and bringing their shit attitude along as well.

I know there are some blokes who think Sukhumvit soi 4 is the only street in Bangkok if NEP ever did close then lets hope they go straight to Pattaya in future? :smirk:

Simie.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This rumor has been around for years, like many of the other night life venues, my guess is, this one will eventually go, and the bars will relocate. Remember a few years back when the city was supposed to have "entertainment zones?" and none of them included SC or NEP? [color:red]Could all just relocate to Pattaya[/color], and then watch the prices soar.

Just what we need down here, more go go's. There are close to 80 now and they are struggling to get talent. Number should be down by 50% before next high season as there are only a handfull that are really making any money.

But do you want the owners and whores to drift into the decent venues, fucking them up? and asll those dip shit punters as well?

Well that's a tough one. Hope they will find some new location in Bangkok and don't come to ruin Pattaya scene. Someone mentioned Patpong as an overpriced place...well I spent my last nights in Thailand there because it was so much cheaper to drink there than in Sukhumvit.

Hope it will be destroyed soon as it's the most overpriced and hyped tourist trap in Thailand nightlife scene. I won't be missing it' date=' it has lost it's appeal to me years ago already. I'm actually just glad if the greedy bars get what they deserve.[/quote']

At least they dont try and rip off you with a bill of 1000baht for a drink like a certain bar area down the road does!!!! Not mentioning anynames but coughpatpongcough!!

If you're talking about Patpong then obviously you're a clueless idiot who hasn't been there in a couple of decades or perhaps you've never been there at all and are basing your statement on heresay and gossip. Obviously if you aren't talking about PP then I apologise profusely.

Gosh. Guess I am in the minority. I like the place. Voodoo, the Rainbow Bars, Angel Witch, G Spot, lots of others. I will really miss the place if it goes. I have met a lot of nice young ladies there and still enjoy the place.

This rumour has been around for years and NP is still going. A better place to tear down and rebuild is that abandoned parking garage (or whatever it is) that you see from the Nana BTS station. It has not changed in more than a decade.

I agree with the earlier comment that many of the hotels in the area will follow as without NP, they have no reason to exist. Most are not that good except for location close to NP.

On the other hand, if NP is torn down, I could see bars opening in the area such as redoing the Rajah Hotel area. Bars can spring up over night (remember Soi 10?)

i would not miss it' date=' had many funny times there - many many moons ago, in the good ol' dayz :tophat: [/quote']

I agree, I used to do my first night in Bangkok after the longhaul flight and head for Nana - no more - now I grab a cab at the airport and head straight down to Pattaya.

same me :)

Archived