Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CF, some bars in soi 33 are extremely popular. And the fact that the vast majority of the people who spend 99% of the Bangkok portion of their holiday in Sukhumvit soi 4 don't like it or don't even know it exists is one of the reasons :cover:

Simie.

I've been there on many occassions and everytime it has been dead. Perhaps I am going at the wrong time of the evening or just hitting Soi 33 at the wrong time of the season, I dont know. I am glad it's doing well even though its overpriced :)

I think both soi cowboy and soi 33 suck (nanaplaza sucked anyway):

1. They drag you into bars you don't want to get into.

2. The girls are jealous as hell.

3. The presence of horrendous looking drunk men is a big turn-off for me.

4. Most bars are dirty.

Sorry to say so, don't mean to offend anyone but this is just how I feel about this places. When these places cease to exist I won't give a damn about it.

4. Most bars are dirty.

WhatchutalkingboutWillis? Dragged into bars on 33? Never happens, it is as low pressure as it gets in the world. On Cowboy? Man up and just say NO! No one makes you do anything you don't want to do. If they do, then you're a pussy and deserve what you get!

Jealous girls? Funny, there are several bars on Cowboy & 33 where I have fucked pretty much the entire staff and have never had a drama...

Drunks? On 33? Hardly ever (except last Saturday and it was me 555555). On Cowboy? Just move on.

Dirty? Anywhere in Thailand and you live in India? The mind boggles...

Cheers,

SD

Again, I sort of agree with you Munchie.

Very very weird 'reasoning' there, Satrai. So much so that it makes me doubt every post you've ever done.

What bars don't girls try to drag you into? :dunno: (Actually, there's an answer: Soi 33, as Suadam says.)

What are you doing looking at drunk blokes or even worrying about them? (Drunkeness is what happens in bars, btw. More of that below).

Jealous girls, 'dirty' bars. Not my experience. How clean do you want them? They're bars, for fuck's sake. Were you thinking of eating your dinner off them? :dunno:

Btw, bringing up India... What is it with Indian guys on Sukhumvit? They're as bad as Thais with their 'pedestrian sense' (i.e. walking too slowly, getting in the way, not being aware that other people want to pass, etc). Do all developing Asian countries lack this sense?

[color:red] I have never ever in my world travels refused to enter a bar, many I have left without purchasing a drink but will am prepared to give anyplace a shot [/color]

[color:red]Is that the suburbs of Mumbai or Kerella, I have better things to do than go to hell[/color]

[color:red]Dont' look in the mirror then[/color]

4. Most bars are dirty.

[color:red]The Dirtier the better for some punters[/color]

Sorry to say so, don't mean to offend anyone but this is just how I feel about this places. When these places cease to exist I won't give a damn about it.

[color:red]

So Mr Sage, the Oracle of Bangkok and all things good about it. where do you frequent for a fun then?

As a piece of advise please consider changing your name to Colostomy so that newbies will realise you are full of shite [/color]

CF, sorry you did'nt like it down 33, but each to his own I suppose? Whilst I admit the "artist" bars can be a bit pricey after happy hour is over many of the others charge pretty standard Bangkok prices. And I've never found 33 to be very seasonal as most of the clientele is expat or ex-expats who visit at all times of the year. I think perhaps you where either simply unlucky or visited the wrong bars?

Simie.

I like Soi 33, NEP, Patpong and SC. NEP, cuz (as somebody already mentioned) it's a place for the low-lifes to congregate and away from SC; Patpong to keep the tourists away from SC; Soi 33, so after I've been there, I appreciate the same "quality" of girl and drink at a much lower price at SC.

BTW, it's amazing that what started out as an April Fool's joke has taken on so many replies.

:beer:

HH

Archived