Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some say that the tenants have got new contracts for 5 years, but according to a thai friend not even Boss Hogg is sitting with a top contract and all those are controlled by Chuwit who maybe already bought the property one year ago. Wait and see if we get a demolishing gang coming one day same is in Soi 10.

So... what are the thoughts on why a brand new escalator at NEP? How much for that 800K- 1 million baht?

Significantly more than that. Add a zero and you'll be closer I'd say..

I actually think SC will go first. Stand on the footbridge over Suk and see how insignificant it looks now. Shame because it is partly what made the area attractive.

I generally prefer NEP to be honest. I can see it's dilapidated and a lot of the bars play shit music, but I haven't had the bad experiences so many have had. Maybe it's because I don't care if the girls are showing tits/muff on stage. I reckon they could afford to close down some of those less successful bars and turn them into short time rooms.

There's plenty of other sites these places could reopen if they need to and get the right authority.

Earlier in the day I was just standing waiting for the lights to change so I was just looking around and I suddenly got one of those 'fresh looks' where you see things as if for the first time again.

It struck me that that little alley we call Soi Cowboy now looks completely out of place. As little as 7 years ago, the place was deserted. Exchange Tower was empty. No California Fitness, no MRT. It was a dead neighbourhood. Now the flurry of building activity has brought normal commuters and shopppers and it strikes me that Soi Cowboy now looks as out of place next to these huge malls and hotels as it would if there were a small red light alley just off Central World Plaza.

By contrast, Nana is secluded.

So... what are the thoughts on why a brand new escalator at NEP? How much for that 800K- 1 million baht?

I actually think SC will go first. Stand on the footbridge over Suk and see how insignificant it looks now. Shame because it is partly what made the area attractive.

I generally prefer NEP to be honest. I can see it's dilapidated and a lot of the bars play shit music' date=' but I haven't had the bad experiences so many have had. Maybe it's because I don't care if the girls are showing tits/muff on stage. I reckon they could afford to close down some of those less successful bars and turn them into short time rooms.

There's plenty of other sites these places could reopen if they need to and get the right authority.[/quote']

I think your right. For the one-timers to Bangkok, NEP is the "one stop shop" - a place where they and their mates will spend a while before heading for Pattaya/Phuket - They've probably done a little research or been told by friends about this "amazing" place in Soi 4. Its also ideally situated for cheap hotels.

So providing its not demolished or there is a change in politics it will be there for years to come.

SC on the other hand is a little off the beaten track for most newbies as is Soi 33 (how that place survives is beyond me) and IMHO is more susceptable to radical change.

On the plus side, the owners in SC at least TRY and attract the punters with lot of investment in bars/decor and love it or hate it the no-smoking...

I generally prefer NEP to be honest. I can see it's dilapidated and a lot of the bars play shit music' date=' but I haven't had the bad experiences so many have had. Maybe it's because I don't care if the girls are showing tits/muff on stage. I reckon they could afford to close down some of those less successful bars and turn them into short time rooms.

There's plenty of other sites these places could reopen if they need to and get the right authority.[/quote']

CF, some bars in soi 33 are extremely popular. And the fact that the vast majority of the people who spend 99% of the Bangkok portion of their holiday in Sukhumvit soi 4 don't like it or don't even know it exists is one of the reasons :cover:

Simie.

Archived