BG Marriage Update

jonjon058

In March I attended the wedding of a guy I know from work... I wouldn't really call him a friend, just someone I work with. He divorced his wife to marry a bargirl he met while on expat assignment. The girl came over just before the wedding which, incidentally, he planned and spent a small fortune on, including tickets to fly her mother and sisters in to attend. It has been three months now and she is already homesick. She wants to go back home for a few months to see her family. Maybe stay with her brother in the city. The guy here bought a house for when they go back on vacation (in her name of course). Her brother stays there rent free. Actually, I have serious doubts as to whether the guy is really her brother.

I can't say anything to this guy even if I felt like it because he still believes his girl is different. Sad situation about to get sadder.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe he made a mistake maybe not, who knows?

I think most of us on this board know.

I'll update again in another 6 months. I'm betting she if/when she comes back she immediately becomes pregnant and the baby will be born 1 to 2 months premature.

Tell him about this site and also point him towards Sticks site. His eyes should open pretty quickly. :shakehead

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular...but why is it, when I try to warn guys that this sort of shit can and does often happen, I get called all kinds of names, and accussed of "...painting all whores with a broad brush...?" Pisses me off, as I always admit exceptions can and do happen.

I know plenty of guys who married Thai girls and had problems, maybe 50/50 ratio of guys who married whores, and guys who married non whores. the problems seem about equal in terms of who can adjust better in a new country. Though I might argue the whores tend to have a higher, slightly more unrealistic expectation of what life is like here than their non whore counterparts.

When you marry a bar girl, you're marrying the fantasy that you took out of the bar. Coz that's all you've even known about her.

Once married, they turn back into country Thai girls again and the fantasy disappears.

And very few guys can cope with it - or stop to think about it before its too late.

Simple as that.

Archived