Against my better judgment

HeartThais

I need some advice on a thorny topic. Wasn't sure where to post this.

I know a girl who is sweet as cherry pie. She's a bargirl. I want her to have a better life.

She doesn't know this yet but I'm prepared to invest about 350K baht into her over the next 12 months. I realize it isn't a lot of money to some and too much to others. I don't want this to turn into a debate over the amount. The reason it is over a period of time is as a test for her whether she can save some money on her own as well. If she can save 150K over the next year, she gets my bonus.

The question I have is what kind of business can an undereducated girl with about 500k total get into in Thailand? A bangkok business is preferred but not mandatory. She's not finished high school and yet I think she has decent street smarts (above the typical BG street smarts.) Her english is above average (close to excellent) for a BG.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a better idea.

Why don't you give it to me?

With that money I could build 3 schools and educate for a year 700 kids who currently have absolutely no future.

Sorry HT but there a plenty more needy people in the world than a sweet bargirl.

Hey bust...maybe he will and you can go to one of them and learn some basic math. Either that, or you know some secret construction methods and can get teachers to work for free. :rotl: (350,000 baht is only about 10,000 USD.)

HH

P.S. I'm sure the OP appreciates your and JonJon's creative ideas. He asked a simple question. Maybe one of your virtual schools can teach you guys how to read?

Hey bust...maybe he will and you can go to one of them and learn some basic math. Either that, or you know some secret construction methods and can get teachers to work for free. :rotl: (350,000 baht is only about 10,000 USD.)

HH

Yes and Yes and Yes

Maybe one day I can show you how it's done.

many possibilities to start a biz in LOS with up to 500k

but why don't you let her prove her dedication and patience with a much lower investment. for a couple of thousand THB initial investment (equipment, deposit) she could open and run a food stall in a food court! every day you and her will see what is left after having paid for material etc.

I'd suggest starting out small - get her to have her own stall in a market doing something SHE likes to do, i.e. does she like fashion/clothes/food etc.

Once she can make that work - finance her to the next stage.

Other wise if she fails at a large business before getting the skills to run it you'll end up hurting both of you

Hey bust...maybe he will and you can go to one of them and learn some basic math. Either that' date=' or you know some secret construction methods and can get teachers to work for free. :rotl: (350,000 baht is only about 10,000 USD.)

HH

[/quote']

Yes and Yes and Yes

Maybe one day I can show you how it's done.

Yeah...and maybe one day pigs will fly. (I assume that you aren't talking about a school of fish. That is, 700 guppies in an aquarium doesn't count.)

HH

Archived