Against my better judgment

HeartThais

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed and I've given some suggestions and advice, but post publically and get responses from the public...I also don't believe his reasons for doing this....

I'm doing this because I consider her my friend. I have no long term plans with her other than to stay friends. I met her two years ago in the same beer bar she works at today. She doesn't get jealous if I barfine other girls at the bar and it doesn't bother me that she fucks people. I know this question is coming so we're friends because she makes me laugh a lot. That simple.

Philanthropy is usually reserved for acts of kindness for the betterment of mankind. Helping friends isn't usually considered a philanthropic act.

Anyway, hope that satisfies everyone's acute interest in my motives. I don't want her to fail but I expect her to. I'm also a firm believer that people should overreach and that failure is necessary for progress. I will not feel guilty if she fails.

Hi,

Mekong, what the fuck is your problem? You know damn well I DO NOT allow personal attacks on this board and your post is WAY out of line.

And as this is far from the first time, I think it is time for you to sit on the bench for a week. Give you some time to think about proper forum etiquette.

Sanuk!

But have you asked her what she wants/ would like to do???

I had a friend who paid 6k for his gf to attend barbershop training at a barber shop and it turned out to nothing. I proposed the same to a BG and she quit after 3 days, she could not stand the smell of hair products (I do understand that)

I have a friend who's ex-mamasan GF owns/runs a successful barber shop for over 8 years now in Patters.

My Gf's sister and her BF run a drink cart each in Bangkok (that's how the brother came to do the same in the village 2 weeks ago - see previous reply here)

I understand they get up at 5am to start taking care of their little business, seems they make good money out of it.

For 350K you could build a small shop in her village to live on, but in the village I live here I counted 18 shops and must have missed a few. Doubt many can make a living from running a shop.

I have a friend who opened a clothes shop in Kumpawapi (big Udon province district) bought his stuf Bobay market Bangkok. First months ran good, curious customer type visiting the shop, then faded away to waiting for ages for no customers, had to close the shop. Idem an Italian guy opened an ice cream parlor, same district, closed after 6 months.

I've seen a bunch of good answers and honest pointers but little so far from the OP acknowledging them.

BB - general consensus seems the OP should start a business she wants to do - however people have feelings - and her burning the opportunity is not good long term planning.

I strongly think obviously start small and work your way up - shit if it has to be 500k why not still start small and pay her a wopping big salary ;)

I've seen a bunch of good answers and honest pointers but little so far from the OP acknowledging them.

I strongly think obviously start small and work your way up - shit if it has to be 500k why not still start small and pay her a wopping big salary ;)

I've taken note of all the pointers and advice. To be honest, I thought 500K was small enough. At least one poster has said 500K isn't enough to buy a business that can generate anywhere close to 10k/month.

Hi,

"At least one poster has said 500K isn't enough to buy a business that can generate anywhere close to 10k/month."

My wife spent about 150K to setup shop (hair salon) and makes a profit of about 5-10K/month. This could easily be quite a bit more though as she pays her niece 4K to mostly run the shop and her rent is very high (12K).

No point in setting up a hair salon though unless the girl has plenty of experience. Taking lessons for 3-6 months isn't enough.

Sanuk!

I know of at least one ex BG who saved enough money (around 100-120K bht) to start/buy the concession for a small food & drinks shop/stand at a well-known BTS station.

Mind you, I wasn't a white knight who financed her but I was just the one who helped her a bit with marketing, shop setup etc...

So this girl saved during her time in the nightlife -> and now she has been running her shop for at least 2 years.

Last time I heard her profit was around 15-20k/month....

But she had the will to own a small business, live without selling her ass, earn far less and work hard.

But she had the skills to be a good seller...

This is why I believe BG who really want to stop have the best chance to succeed in the promotion/sales sectors where there are a lot of interactions with customers...

Archived