What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I just started watching the original anime version of "Ghost in the Shell", this time the English dub.

I'd seen it once before, in Japanese with subtitles, on a JAL flight.

I recently saw the live-action version, with Scarlett Johansson. She NAILED the role, mind AND body.

OK, I watched the English dub all the way through, and it was interesting, but it somehow didn't FEEL right.

I went through holy BLEEP figuring out how to get the DVD player to give me the Japanese version with English subtitles. I'm going to watch that hopefully this weekend, and see how the two versions compare. The first few minutes, with the audio in Japanese (which I don't speak but do know the sound of), sounded and felt a lot better.

King Arthur, Legend of the Sword (2017)

A good fun movie. Usual tale but told in the inimitable Guy Ritchie style.

Good to see Charlie Hunnam moving up from his SoA role. Definitely a bright future for that boy.

Worth a watch

I'm just trying out on Ep1 of Westworld. Seems sort of hard going and a tad creepy, I think. Not done with it yet though.

Shouldn't they have just called it Tittyshow?

Amongst the plethora of TV series, I would rate amongst the best and the ones I have really enjoyed a lot: Westworld, 11.22.63 , Vikings, Peaky Blinders, Taboo, Black Sails.

Of Gods And Men [2011]

The French foreign language entry for the 83rd academy awards, covers the 1996 harrowing story of French monks helping poor communities in Algeria that meet their fate in the civil war. Not bad but as some wag once said “forgive me father for I was boredâ€.

Amongst the plethora of TV series, I would rate amongst the best and the ones I have really enjoyed a lot: Westworld, 11.22.63 , Vikings, Peaky Blinders, Taboo, Black Sails.

And American Gods and Fargo....

Well I persevered with it and it was worth it. Once I got "into it", very enjoyable and provocative in interesting ways, I like that.

Tits, lots of em, no bad thing, though it doesn't need em, always. Great acting too and a second series definitely looked forward too.

Thandie Newton, nuff said. What's not to want about that woman. Always impressed at the way she plays a hot chick with a proverbial dick bigger than all the guys.

More on the TV series theme, a UK cop one, Line of Duty. Four series so far and another scheduled for early 2019.

Royal Television Society Award winner for best drama series.

Just working my way through the first series, potent stuff.

Negative on the tits though (so far) otherwise a plus.