What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Watched the original Star Wars trilogy last week. The first one is 34 years old and still a great watch.

bought the whole series of films in thailand recently.

know the original films from years ago but decided to see the whole series from begging to end.

bummer as the the 2nd film stops with 10 minutes to go.......... :angryfire:

but found out the end of the film on the web.

but will watch the entire series from where i left off and hopefully enjoy after many decades.

just watched 'dirty harry'.

very dated but a great film.

the 2 monologues of 'this is a magnum 44,the most powerful handgun in the world/have i fired 5 or 6 shots/do you feel lucky punk' is iconic.

Not really a film but I just downloaded the HBO series "Game of Thrones".

Sort of a "Lord Of The Rings" with tits and bums... and very nice tits and bums at that.

I've got the first four books they were based on as well in eBook format but I'll read them later so as not to spoil the film.

Now THAT explains why I can't find it!

The series was picked up for a second season on April 19, 2011, two days after its premiere.[8] Casting for the second season began in May 2011.[36] New cast members include Gwendoline Christie as the female warrior Brienne of Tarth,[37] Liam Cunningham as the former smuggler Ser Davos Seaworth,[38] Oliver Ford Davies as Maester Cressen,[39] Stephen Dillane as would-be king and Robert's brother, Stannis Baratheon,[40] Natalie Dormer as Lady Margaery Tyrell, betrothed of Renly Baratheon,[41] Carice van Houten as Melisandre of Asshai,[40] Gemma Whelan as Yara Greyjoy ("Asha" in the novels; her name was changed to avoid confusion with the Wildling Osha),[42] Nonso Anozie as Xaro Xhoan Daxos,[43] Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar,[44] Kerr Logan as Matthos Seaworth,[45] Roy Dotrice as Pyromancer Hallyne,[46] Hannah Murray as Gilly,[47] Karl Davies as Alton Lannister (a character who does not appear in the books),[48] Ben Crompton as "Dolorous Edd" Tollet,[49] Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton,[50] Robert Pugh as Craster,[51] Patrick Malahide as Balon Greyjoy,[52] Daniel Porter as Podrick Payne,[53] Ian Hanmore as Pyat Pree[54] Fintan McKeown as Ser Amory Lorch,[55] and Rose Leslie as Ygritte.[56]

Like the first season, the second will consist of ten episodes.[57] The premiere date will occur in April 2012

Wiki

Not really a film but I just downloaded the HBO series "Game of Thrones".

Sort of a "Lord Of The Rings" with tits and bums... and very nice tits and bums at that.

I've got the first four books they were based on as well in eBook format but I'll read them later so as not to spoil the film.

bought the series on DVD while in LOS.

got it more for my mum as we have to pay for it in the UK.

watched the 1st 2 episodes and found it confusing,too many characters and i just lost track of the story.

I also watched First Blood (the original Rambo movie) for the umpteenth time. 30 years old next year and IMHO still a great film (unlike the 2 that followed it).

The film ruined a very good book.

Wiki says that Kirk Douglas quit the part of Captain Trautman because they changed the plot so much. Richard Crenna took it over. Keep in mind the book was published in 1972, a very different time then the 1980’s when the movies started coming out.

Read the book. It is a completely different storey

TH

The film ruined a very good book.

<SNIP>

Read the book. It is a completely different storey

TH

Spot on TH. Summer of '76 was when I read it, the first "Grown Up Book" I read as a 12 year old.

It was a typical British Summer Holiday, stuck in a Caravan on a Rainy day bored shitless and I was hooked from the first page to the last, it was the novel that got me into reading books.

The movie was not a patch on how I saw it in my own mind whilst reading the novel and ever since I have baulked against watching movie dramatizations of good novels I have read, e.g. Tom Clancy comes to mind immediately.

The reason I remember '76 Thin Lizzy "Boys are Back in Town" was getting heavy airplay on the radio that summer.