Sign in to follow this  
Torneyboy

A Good Red wine..

Generaly California wine should have a higher Alcohol content then European wines 13,14 some even 15 percent due to warmer climate higher sugar content longer hangtime with grapes.

That is a pretty low price for a California Wine in Thailand.The tarrif for imported wine in Thailand is pretty dam high,I think 80% so i am surprised at the price

Sounds like the grapes most likely come from Earnest & Julio's vineyards in the central valley. Gallo is the #1 family-owned winery in the US (55 million/yr case production) so they should have a few extra barrels to spare for the Thai market... :dunno:

Beaujolais nouveau is not bad this year. I bought a couple bottles at COSTCO in the USA for $8.50 per bottle. Last year, the price for a bottle of this stuff in Pattaya Carrefour was about five times the COSTCO's price.

1800 yesterday - for something that is only cheap wine in France (or was) it's now Oooh Laa Laaaa

Aussie wines are cheaper now - hardys taras and others around the 450 mark - expencive compared to Australia - 150 baht cheaper than a year ago