ware sun glasses!!!

keith doug

had to say something that happened to me ,, yes i cant prove it either,or the hospital consultant,,,,,,,,,

BUT went down with a serious eye problem in january ,and had to go to moorfields eye hospital here in london, not sure if it was the sun as ALWAYS! ware sun glasses ,, but it could have been over the years,,,,

I need a new pair of sunnys, I broke my last set of polaroids and have been making do with an old industrial pair that draw comment from those who like to make comments about J2's appearance and style.

I hate spending too much on them though, I'm hard on such things and they seldom have life of more than six months.

No my glasses have umbramatic prescription lenses,,,

But in january.. i was in my bathroom at home and when i looked at the bathroom wall . the field OF VISION in my left eye didnt look ok ,, it was like i could not see part of the wall...

the next few days it got worst.. i went to moorfields hospital in london and was told i had a melanoma at the back of the eye!!!

Shit, that sounds nasty...

Did a bit of a Google on it for you, hopefully you are in the "early" stage.

Choroidal Melanoma: Choroidal melanoma is a cancer that originates in the pigment-producing cells (melanocytes) of the choroid. Choroidal melanoma is the most common cancer originating in the eye. It is most common in people with fair complexions and blue eyes. In its early stages, the cancer usually does not interfere with vision. Later, it may cause blurred vision or retinal detachment, with symptoms such as flashes of light, a veil or curtain across the visual field, or a sudden increase or change in floaters. Melanomas, particularly if large, may extend into the orbit or spread through the bloodstream (metastasize) to other parts of the body and be fatal.

Early diagnosis is important because smaller tumors are more easily curable. Diagnosis is made using an ophthalmoscope and other tests, which may include ultrasound scanning, CT (computed tomography), and serial photographs.

If the melanoma is small, treatment with a laser, radiation, or an implant of radioactive materials may preserve vision and save the eye. If the cancer is large, the eye may have to be removed.

WELL the outcome was not good ,, THE TUMOUR was too large for plaque radiation treatment!! and on march 17 , i had my left eye removed....

thankfully the treatment i had under the NHS was amazing and now have a artificial left eye that looks same as my good eye,,,,

thankfully it was a non agressive type and the tumour was removed totally,,,,.

its amazing really as in the uk only 1% of the population get this apx thats about 500 people a year!!!.

Archived