The Irish-Aussie prat ...

Flashermac

Well' date=' anyway, haven't thought about those things in a long time. Back to your conversation.[/quote']

Yeah, the ones I met all seemed very Muslim to me, or maybe a better desciption would be Not European (tho that's exactly what they were).

Last OT.

I was too naive at the time to pick up on stigmatization they (slavs) had within the culture and used to get annoyed with Aida's quick-trigger defensiveness about her background. Everyone was aware of the cultural conflict with the Turks, but the Yugoslavs... I was clueless. (BTW - I chuckled at your reference to the Kreuzberg awhile back as I knew that to be a kinda forbidden indulgence with the Berliners).

God knows I don't like people telling me you can't be with so and so based on religious/cultural bias, and it was a double-whammy with her as both of our families would've been against it.

Babbling.

Mekong -- you're alright. So is Wendella. So chill dude!

:)

I'm outta here to grab a beer. Good night gentlemen.

Ps. sorry about your friend.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey maybe I'm wrong. I never was in Bosnia. No idea really. But I sure can't find anything online that says there ever was a Bosnian Red Crescent.

YOu can PM me the apology.

I am awaiting yours :neener:

Joking asides, when the conflict kicked of in what is now Former Yugoslavia I was working in Libya with a crew who were predominately Yugoslavian. I was rooting a muslim nurse from Sarajevo (Bosnia) and my second in command was an Engineer from Zagreb (Croatia). I still remember the great night we had together when Red Star Belgrade (Serbia) won the Football European Cup in 1991 yet four months later even in libya I saw friends I knew as Yugoslavians taking their Bosnian, Croat or Serbian Identity and fighting amongst each other.

For the record, the Bosnian nurse I was shagging back then returned to Sarajevo late 1991 as a RED CRESENT volunteer and we have lost contact ever simce.

Don't rely on the internet as your primary source of information, its a relative new form of information, just because something does not exist online to support and / or negate arguments is not definate proof.

I actually enjoy having debates with you, but if you wish to get one up one me one should rise above simple name calling and unsubstantiated opinions and have a real go :D

For the Record Red Cross and Red Cresent were both operrational in FYC during the conflict, it was only Post-Conflict that they opened an office in Sarajevo under the name of Red Cross. Médecins Sans Frontières are active in many hotspots without actually having established an office in said countries!

Yeah I guess it was the head-banging emoticon thing that got to me. So not you personally I was reacting to, more that ...

Seems like it'd be strange for a new little country like Bosnia to have both its own Red Cross and also its own Red Crescent. So you're sure she wasn't working for one that was based out of another country? If you're not sure, I guess finding out the real answer on this one probably not worth it, nor worth us attacking each other over it. So howzabout if we ever do find out the answer beyond reasonable doubt, the wrong guy apologizes. ;) I can live with that.

Anyway, from the little we know so far, just seems like there's more to this story. Like what was his role with RC? Is he a qualified nurse or something? How did he end up there? I dunno, maybe it's nothing at all. But it does make me curious.

Yeah I guess it was the head-banging emoticon thing that got to me. So not you personally I was reacting to, more that ...

OK I hope this one is more preferable :beer:

If I was to physco analyse Savage, something I am not qualified in so its just an assholes opinion, I would say given his age he is / was a Squadie wanna be. When he was 19 years old in the UK it was the time of the Falklands conflict, I was 16-17 at the time and I remember all the lasses dropping thier panties faster than the pound is dropping to the baht for any current serviceman at the time.

Given his reported previous employment as a "Hospital Porter" I can only assume he was with RC in Bosnia as a "Body Collector" rather than administering medical aid. The "War Zone" was something he missed out on ten years previously and could then get on his Resume.

What makes a sane person go to conflict zonees, buggered if I know, I do it for $$$ living in Thailand full time is not that cheap.

The Bangkok Two were back in court briefly then back to jail. Purcell applied for bail...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/04/2918764.htm?section=world

Purcell shouted as he left the court: "We've been held as part of an investigation. We've been charged for nothing. This is Thailand's presumption of innocence. I'm in chains."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5if0ai07yN3m4xDUJZDAImV3CH2_g

OK I hope this one is more preferable :beer:

Given his reported previous employment as a "Hospital Porter" I can only assume he was with RC in Bosnia as a "Body Collector" rather than administering medical aid. The "War Zone" was something he missed out on ten years previously and could then get on his Resume.

What makes a sane person go to conflict zonees, buggered if I know, I do it for $$$ living in Thailand full time is not that cheap.

:beer:

The thing is, they're saying he was screwed up as a result of experience in Bosnia. I have a suspicion he was already screwed up before that, hence his appearance in Bosnia. You might say he's literally wandering the globe seeking out trouble to get into. OK actualy on 2nd thought, if he's been in Thailand for years, then it means he was probably settling in to a peaceful pleasurable existence... and then this situation sprung up and I guess he couldn't resist his urges. This time it found him.

Anyway, like you said, all this just idle asshole-view speculation.

But one more bit of speculation: he's a homo, and he can't deal with it. Hence all this.

Archived