Life takes worrying turn for Abhisit

Hardy641

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember that a PM has been threaten by the opposition or some groups close to the opposition in way it happens now to Abhisit.

Margret Thatcher 1984 Grand Hotel Brighton Provisional IRA

John Major 1991 Mortar Attack on 10 Downing street Provisional IRA

yeah, I missed that one, but his killing was more religiously motivated than politically motivated.... nuances :)

BB

Well, killed by people who see those 2 as one and the same.

If the original point could have been better expressed it would have been correct: in the first world (I hate to say "the west" cuz a lot of the east belongs to this group, e.g. Japan, Taiwan, S Korea), we don't have the leader of our government under imminent threat of assassination. Even in those cases where our leaders were killed (JFK) there wasn't an atmosphere in the country prior to the fact that he'd possibly be killed any day. Quite contrary, it was a shock to the country, completely unexpected by the general public. I don't think anyone would be surprised if Abhisit is killed.

umm would takky's death, capture or return to LOS perhaps reduce or increase the chance of PM killed?

in any case I don't think PM is as stupid as say seah daeng to be (easily) killed - at least he got some kind of serious protection & the chance to resign/depart of getting to heated inside... :hmmm:

Archived