"Kiss" My Ass

Steve

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't a fan of theirs. I knew a kid in my neighborhood who worshipped them and he got beat up every day (loving a rock group in a black neighborhood is gonna get you beat up for obvious reasons).

Anyway, seeing who has already been inducted, I can't understand why they aren't in it. Its got to be a running joke for whomever decides this stuff.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/300607/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-will-elude-kiss-for-11th-straight-year/;_ylt=AmUbqSl5yPo0_bmkocAWecTOwSUv

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Will Elude Kiss for 11th Straight Year

And this really has to eat at Gene Simmons. I watch his show (because I think Shannon Tweed is still fucken hot at age 52 or so) and he is a very conceded guy. He's funny in his show but he definitely loves himself. Eventually they'll get in but he really must be beside himself each year when they are passed over.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Kiss pissed someone off in the industry. Gene Simmons is super savvy on the business front, so he probably turned the tables on the music industry more than once and screwed them over. It has got to be political because Kiss definitely should be in there before those other turds on the list; they are cultural icons.

I agree with you. That KISS isn't in there is an anomaly.

On the other hand: [color:blue]In 2009, the theatrical band finally made the ballot, but it didn't rack up enough votes for induction, and fans fumed while ABBA and the Stooges received the honor instead.

[/color]

How opposite could those bands be? ABBA was a hugely successful pop band, whereas The Stooges didn't sell too many records but are considered extremely important and influential by their rock and roll peers and those who followed.

I don't blame any inductee who fails to show up. The whole thing is a joke. For all intents and purposes it should be called the Pop Music Hall of Fame and be based on music sales - no voting.

PS. I wasn't a big KISS fan either, even though that was my generation. Most of my friends were, so I heard all their music (and actually liked it), but I had this smug attitude about them being comic book characters for teeny-boppers. ;)

Archived