Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Romney is going to create jobs

but he refuses to state how he is going to do this.

I thought the Republicans were against government

creating jobs......

Not government jobs.

Romney is going to dismantle the EPA, Department of Education, the VA, and a whole bunch more unneeded government agencies.

Romney is going to create private sector jobs by doing away with those darn government regulations. Let the free market take care of itself.

Romney will cut taxes for the "job creators" - those with wealth or the 1 percenters. The 1 percenters with tax cuts will have more money to spare and thus instead of buying that yacht or Bentley or house in Palm Beach - they will spend the money hiring people.

All of this is a revamp of the famous "trickle down economic" made famous by previous Republicans.

Who the hell needs clean air and clean water anyway?

Who really cares about the National Forests? Give or sell that land to the timber companies. Clear cut to make cheap lumber.

You really got to love the guy!

Not government jobs.

Romney is going to dismantle the EPA, Department of Education, the VA, and a whole bunch more unneeded government agencies.

Romney is going to create private sector jobs by doing away with those darn government regulations. Let the free market take care of itself.

Romney will cut taxes for the "job creators" - those with wealth or the 1 percenters. The 1 percenters with tax cuts will have more money to spare and thus instead of buying that yacht or Bentley or house in Palm Beach - they will spend the money hiring people.

All of this is a revamp of the famous "trickle down economic" made famous by previous Republicans.

Who the hell needs clean air and clean water anyway?

Who really cares about the National Forests? Give or sell that land to the timber companies. Clear cut to make cheap lumber.

You really got to love the guy!

Sounds like the USA will smell

like some of the Chinesee cities.

Will Romney allow smoking?

Will he ban coffee?

about right, we have a working social security, although misused by many ver the last few years, same as a working medicare system.

and the rich pay more tax than the poor :(

And in Germany pensions usually don't evaporate, if a company goes bankrupt like in the USA.

Anyway, I wonder who want to live in USA at the moment (except the Americans and the really poor). The USA have been the land of dreams for generations of Europeans. I guess this is mostly over now.

BTW, misuse of social security is a problem, but a minor one in Germany, since the recipients of social security are being checked frequently. Freeloading has become much harder in the past years.

Space Shuttle Endeavour

made your last voyage today over Tucson, Arizona.

The ship flew about 1500 feet about the ground. I got to see it.

The low flight was in honor of "Gabby" Giffords who got shot a few years ago

when she was having an open outdoors meeting.

Her famous husband just happened to be the last commander of the Endeavour.

One of if not the biggest hindrance for the American people and the biggest advantage the powers that control everything has is the lack of international travel done by most Americans. We've all heard the stats, anywhere from 15 t 20 percent at most have a passport. 911 has forced many to get one to go to Mexico and the Caribbean. The few Americans that travel internationally mostly go to places poorer than they are (Mexico, West Indies) and think they are fortunate.

I think once we get out to the developed countries thing will change. International travel has had a major impact on my ideological view. I would assume for most of you on here, whether you are American or not. Europeans live close to each other and a passport is the norm not the exception.

Even if you're conservative your view of conservatism is not the same I think as the masses in America. I've met more than a few ex military guys who were in in Irag and Afganistan who are big proponents of huge defense cuts. Its the Americans who only listen to the news in America that are big on defense. Spending 20% of your economy on defense is insane, especially given the fact you have no enemies on your border or trying to harm you. Al qaida aside and if you really want to be honest they didn't arbitrarily come looking for us, we were in the Middle East. In some sense we went looking for them if you understand what I'm trying to say. Basically if we weren't so entrenched in the region they wouldn't have a reason to be trying to kill us.

The big companies and the Forbes 400 types have made back all their 'lost' wealth and then some since the '08 meltdown. They are fine, its the rest of us that have to get back the lost revenue. The big lie in the Republican platform is that companies are just waiting to hire if they get their taxes lowered and regulations eased. Big companies, banks, etc. are sitting on a lot of cash. Look at the DJIA from '08 to now, they are making money. Why hire? If you have a business, an employee is the last thing you want. They are expensive and hard to get rid of. You can move to a less expensive building or office, get rid of a machine or factory machinery but try and get rid of people in America. Its tough. I was a corporate manager, trust me, its tough, you gotta document the hell out of it, give warnings, etc so you don't get sued. Machines don't take sick days or vacation days.

Companies don't want to hire unless they absolutely have to. There is no incentive to. When I think of a business model I want to adopt when I have an idea the perfect one is where I don't have to hire anyone. Some turnkey internet site. My brother makes about an extra 800 bucks a month selling on eBay. No employees, no store to pay rent, etc. That's the business model that is almost perfect.

What we need to be doing is incentivising companies to hire based on need. Where they have no other business choice but to hire a warm body. Infrastructure is one. Construction companies, etc. can't do it all with machines. Someone has to be there. Someone has to lay the high speed internet lines. Someone has to make the high speed bullet train that runs from San Diego through Los Angeles to San Francisco and from Boston to Washington stopping at NYC and Philadelphia on the way. You need engineers, draftsmen, etc. to retrofit the bridges, subway tunnels, etc. that are near collapse. Someone at the banks has to loan these companies the money to expand.

This is something that has never been discussed but I believe it to be true. Obama didn't expect to win the nomination in '08 and certainly didn't expect to win the Presidency.

Like so many others, I believe Obama ran in '08 to set himself up for higher office. I would guess he wanted to make a good showing in the primaries and give Hillary a run for her money. If/when Hillary won, I think he was either going to ask for a high level appointment in her cabinet or set himself up for a run at Governor of Illinois and look to 2016 or 2020 for the Presidency.

Its a path many have done, usually young candidates trying to get name recognition. My favorite pol, Cory Booker will probably try for the Governorship of New Jersey. Rubio is famous but I think he is vulnerable and Booker is very good. He has integrity. The only thing Rubio can criticize him for is his ideology. Maybe as a big city liberal. That's it. Not much else. No scandals that I am aware of. If Booker becomes Governor, I expect within 6 to 8 years of securing the position he'll run for President. If so, I'll be waiting to support him.

Space Shuttle Endeavour

made your last voyage today over Tucson, Arizona.

The ship flew about 1500 feet about the ground. I got to see it.

The low flight was in honor of "Gabby" Giffords who got shot a few years ago

when she was having an open outdoors meeting.

Her famous husband just happened to be the last commander of the Endeavour.

My father was a senior instrumentation engineer on the space shuttle. Hurts a bit to see them end, but NASA should have been planning for this day long ago. They didn't.