Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board ...

gobbledonk

I guess its the 3-hour time diff, and the fact that most of you have lives, but sometimes my posts are the 'current' post for days. I'm getting kinda paranoid that the whole thing is just a figment of my tortured imagination, and this board is being run by the CIA. Those who have seen the movie 'Source Code' will know what I'm on about - those who havent are probably happy in their pods. :surprised:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Board has been very quiet lately unfortunately. A couple years ago we did 200-300 posts / day, we're now down to about 60-80 / day.

The new forum software support Search Engine Optimized URLs, and I hope that that will help in drawing some more random traffic to the site. And hopefully some of that will convert into repeat traffic / new members.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Board has been very quiet lately unfortunately. A couple years ago we did 200-300 posts / day, we're now down to about 60-80 / day.

The new forum software support Search Engine Optimized URLs, and I hope that that will help in drawing some more random traffic to the site. And hopefully some of that will convert into repeat traffic / new members.

Sanuk!

I guess the recent downtimes didn't help neither. Old members as well as other who came through search engines must have got the impression, that the board doesn't exist anymore.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this board...I guess its the 3-hour time diff, and the fact that most of you have lives, but sometimes my posts are the 'current' post for days. I'm getting kinda paranoid that the whole thing is just a figment of my tortured imagination...

gobbledonk - wake up!

You're actually really asleep in bed just dreaming you've posted this thread to the board. When you wake up, you'll realise the whole Thai360 board never existed and was all just a fevered, febrile dream... :p

Hi,

"I guess the recent downtimes didn't help neither."

Agree. We may very well have even lost some (semi)regular members due to those.

I might send out an email to all members once we've moved over and have 'settled' in.

Sanuk!

Also I would propose a [color:red]new board policy in regard to new members[/color]:

Since some time new members are being frequently attacked as being fake, e.g. If this would happened when I joined the board -either to me or other members - would have almost probably left very soon.

Therefore my suggestion: New members should be welcomed with open arms and being treated well. LOS newbie questions should NOT be answered with a yawn and some lame comments, but as best as possible.

If an old member suspects a fake identity he should NOT attack the new member, but contact the mods who should deal with this quietly.

What I liked about the board, when I joined it, was that I could post some really stupid newbie comments (like my girl is different, seriously), without receiving some bored answers or even derogatory comments, but some really good advice.

IMHO the board is in dire need of new members.

Archived