What Will Happen To All The Sandbags?

StoneSoup

Donations of sandbags welcome.

Nows your opportunity to get all the sand bags you'll ever need. People will only be too glad to get rid of them.

When you get them, apart from building a wall of sand bags around your property for the next flooding, build your self a plinth or two to drive your cars up onto. You only need two walls of sand bags for the wheels to be driven up onto with the drivers side 'wall' slightly wider so that you can step out of the car to get down and get up.

That way you'll be able to keep your cars out of the water.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like at least some luck and good that you got out. I just heard that one of our cars, the yf's, is covered by the insurance but definitely not the other one. Insurance company says that once we can access the car, probably a month from now we can expect it to take up to 6 months for the repair. I guess the car repair places at least are going to make out big time.

Not sure what to do about my car, just trashing the best part of 2 million baht seems rather harsh but I understand the repairs are quite involved and when you consider all the electrics, gearbox and engine rebuild etc it is not going to be cheap.

Good luck VK, hope the water goes soon and you can get started on the cleanup as well.

Hi,

VK, good to hear you got out in time. Let me know if you need a place for you dogs, we could possibly keep them in the yard.

Of course, we may get flooded ourselves :) (water is getting closer, but I am still hopefull it'll by pass us; wife is getting ready to evac though :) ).

Sanuk!

My advice would be to get ready no matter what. The warning system is totally broken and any indication you may have about risk can pretty much be discarded. If it gets with 1km I'd say you are right in line to get it no matter what king Canute of the BMA says the water will go where it wants.

KS, offer much appreciated but I have them now at Khao Takiab (way further out from Chachengsao) where wife's sister is staying. Though no fencing or anything, there is almost no traffic and no floods expected so they're safe. Younger son is also happy as there is an internet connection and he can play his online games. :rolleyes:

Have just ventured back to Bangkok this morning (by bus, alone, not going to risk bringing the car back) as office is open.

Take care, stay safe all.

I say make an improved phuket (with all that sand) hoho

@rm, wow 3m of flood waters. very hard to imagine such hardship. glad to know at least family is safe. hope the losses will be manageable & partly covered/repaid. this is really a disaster sparing no one within the flooding path which go on and on.

life goes on except for those who died

Has anyone heard of violence over the mad dash for carparks in various apartment buildings ? When I read on Stick's page that people were so desperate to get their prized possession out of harm's way that they didnt give a shit who actually 'owned' a given carpark, I thought it sounded like a recipe for major altercations. Certainly would be in Oz, but I dont think you can even get into most buildings here without the relevant pass/key/whatever. Shopping centre carparks must be interesting places atm.

Archived