Olympics

sayjann

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My policemen cousin, who is in London providing armed security for the games while I stay in his house in Inverness (Scottish Highlands), just texted me to say that the opening ceremony will definitely be worth seeing. A bit hard going for the first half hour he said but after that very impressive. :dunno:

My policemen cousin, who is in London providing armed security for the games while I stay in his house in Inverness (Scottish Highlands), just texted me to say that the opening ceremony will definitely be worth seeing. A bit hard going for the first half hour he said but after that very impressive. :dunno:

both the Men's and Women's football has been entertaining so far.... :soccer:

Team GB were poor against Senegal,no idea of what to do a lot of the time.

i suppose Mr.Munchmaster will say it's because no Scots in the squad.... :dunno:

but Senegal were lucky to still have 11 players on the pitch at the end as some of their physical play was way over the top,with a stronger ref they would have seen red cards,and i'm not saying that because they were playing Team GB but as a fan of football who does not like bad and at times deliberates fouls.

if they play like that against Uruguay they will be in trouble as it seems to be in a latin footballers mindset to fall to the ground and roll around whenever an opponent looks at them.... :banghead:

but i see one of the Welsh players was described as English in the official programme.

not a major problem i admit as i presume Mr.Munchmaster would be happy to be described as English..... :rotfl:

Why is it called Team GB? Surely it should be Team UK or are the Northern Irish excluded?

The team is known by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as Great Britain despite athletes from the whole of the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland, as well as the Crown Dependencies and all but three of the British Overseas Territories being eligible.

but i see one of the Welsh players was described as English in the official programme.

not a major problem i admit as i presume Mr.Munchmaster would be happy to be described as English..... :rotfl:

Why didn't the Welshman stop play in protest at being called a Sais?

Why is it called Team GB? Surely it should be Team UK or are the Northern Irish excluded?

you will find all of the British entrants are officially under the banner 'Great Britain & Northern Island'.

but it seems it's been 'Team GB' for quite a while,no idea of the logic behind it.... :dunno:

and the minor cock-ups continue....

Archery at Lords Cricket ground and the website info said no tickets needed and just turn up on the day.

but on the day the entire public was banned from the event as no seats available for spectators............. :banghead:

fuck me,the competition area is surrounded by seats.......... :confused:

you will find all of the British entrants are officially under the banner 'Great Britain & Northern Island'.

but it seems it's been 'Team GB' for quite a while,no idea of the logic behind it.... :dunno:

Incorrect read my earlier reply.

It is down to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) that it is team GB.

I am pretty sure Mark Cavendish who is Manx would object to GB & N.I.

Archived