Having A Thai Gf

belfastish

After moving to oz 7 yrs ago mainly because it is closer to thailand than ireland,recently following my dream of moving to perth,getting a mining job and working 2weeks on 1week off to get more time in thailand but im a bit sick of the things which go with having a thai gf.

Its nothing to do with the girls(this is my 2nd thai gf,one of which i met in brisbane,similar society in life as me and parents with government jobs,white skin blah blah,no problems with money etc)

She moved back to thailand to take a job in a computer company but after 3 yrs together ive ended it.Ive got sick of people thinking certain things when i say i have a thai gf as if im a mug,sending money etc it got to the point where i was saying i had no gf,its much easier but then you get people giving you the ladyboy jokes and whats a single man doing going to thailand.

ive been going to thailand now 7 years and lost interest in the p4p and bg's a long time ago although everytrip i still hang out on suk soi4 as i love to play pool and usual need somewhere to hang out while the other half is at work.

Im still interested in thai girls but the thought of having a baby or marrying a thai girl and getting the same old comments for the rest of my life doesnt appeal to me.

Any else get this?i know a lot of people dont care what others think or wouldnt get involved in a thai relationship but does it affect you?annoy you?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I wonder if the fact that you are not living in Thailand has a big influence on this? Not really noticed any of this here. Of course when we are out we dress decently and converse in Thai, which I do think makes a difference.

Only remember one instance of people looking with disdain at us, but seeing they were just 2 female backpackers I couldn't give a shit. Can't get much more ignorant than some of those cunts.

Sanuk!

You'll always upset the women from western societies if you choose a non (insert their county here) woman. My take is, keep up the good work.

If people don't like you and an asian/thai girl, point out the (insert their county here) woman is ugly and couldn't fu*k to save her life.

Telling the (insert their county here) woman that you've never been happier will also help reinforce how pointless most western women have become.

Hi,

I wonder if the fact that you are not living in Thailand has a big influence on this? Not really noticed any of this here. Of course when we are out we dress decently and converse in Thai, which I do think makes a difference.

Only remember one instance of people looking with disdain at us, but seeing they were just 2 female backpackers I couldn't give a shit. Can't get much more ignorant than some of those cunts.

Sanuk!

if i lived in thailand it wouldnt be a problem,when we are together sure its fine people probably wonder how i met this girl from bangkok,born and breed.

its just the people who have been or go to thailand on a holiday and think you can only pick up a girl from the bars or a girl from issan who will steal all your money,im smarter than that(i hope) and sick of the need to tell people SHE IS DIFFERENT :hubbahubba::whatever: !!

just gets a bit thin after a while especially working in a mining environment many guys just go over to fuck girls and they know everything!! :angryfire:

Accually its not western girls im taking about,its mostly men how think of one thing when you talk about having a thai girlfriend,conversation changes from know it all people who have probably never had thai friends outside the sex industry!!

if i had a korean girlfriend it would be so mutt easier :elephant:

Sanuk!

Reminds me of an instance about 12 years ago . I was out with a Thai female friend in KSR and two French backpackers started making remarks, little did they know that my friend was fluent in French. She laid into them all guns blazing and they were like "WTF a Thai who speaks French" I just sat back and enjoyed.

I got the woman into my field of work, she has been living in Russia for the past 5 years, she had the balls to survive in the contracting environment and is loving every minute of it.

belfastish, I live in a mining town - coal, not iron ore - and most of the blokes here are fly-in, fly-out. They seem to spend their free time getting pissed, and havent exactly won the locals over with their behaviour on the flights to and fro Sydney. I don't know what the blokes working in the Pilbara are like, but I doubt that they are sensitive new-age guys. At the end of the day, does it really matter what a bunch of miners think of your life choices ? Even outside the mines, you will find the attitude you describe in offices all over Oz - I have certainly experienced it - but nothing is going to change that. If you honestly feel that having a girlfriend from elsewhere in Asia would alleviate that, go right ahead - my feeling is that there will always be guys willing to elbow one another in the ribs and start with the 'she love you long time !' BS.

The easiest way out is just to tell people you go to Thailand to get pissed and laid - they'll quickly get bored with that revelation and go back to getting hammered and arguing over who has the meanest V8 ute.

belfastish, I live in a mining town - coal, not iron ore - and most of the blokes here are fly-in, fly-out. They seem to spend their free time getting pissed, and havent exactly won the locals over with their behaviour on the flights to and fro Sydney. I don't know what the blokes working in the Pilbara are like, but I doubt that they are sensitive new-age guys. At the end of the day, does it really matter what a bunch of miners think of your life choices ? Even outside the mines, you will find the attitude you describe in offices all over Oz - I have certainly experienced it - but nothing is going to change that. If you honestly feel that having a girlfriend from elsewhere in Asia would alleviate that, go right ahead - my feeling is that there will always be guys willing to elbow one another in the ribs and start with the 'she love you long time !' BS.

The easiest way out is just to tell people you go to Thailand to get pissed and laid - they'll quickly get bored with that revelation and go back to getting hammered and arguing over who has the meanest V8 ute.

haha very true,its not the main reason i split with my gf,i dont want to sign up for life(get out before it gets too serious),i like my own freedom,saving for a house etc and i will still go to thailand.

when you say you go to laid then they want to know all about it which is boring too but hey thats life i guess,with every good thing theres a side effect:)ps it not just oz i got it back home too

haha very true,its not the main reason i split with my gf,i dont want to sign up for life(get out before it gets too serious),i like my own freedom,saving for a house etc and i will still go to thailand.

when you say you go to laid then they want to know all about it which is boring too but hey thats life i guess,with every good thing theres a side effect:)ps it not just oz i got it back home too

I guess it's up to you if you care about blending in in your environment. If you want to totally blend in take an average looking white women. No one will care at all.

On the other hand the comments make it much easier for you to distinguish between the simple minded and those who have a more reflective view on the world.

I think almost all over the Western world the equation goes:

(older) white man with TG = punter has imported Thai prostitute as girl friend/wife (the higher the age difference the worse it gets).

Actually, even I think so when I see 60y old chubby German with a 30y old TG in my home town. The difference might be that I don't have any problem with it at all and that never would comment on it.

i've said this before.

i used to get all the stupid remarks about me visiting Thailand and just spending ££££'s on getting laid.

try telling people it's not always like that and they just don't believe you.

but a friend of mine (35 Years or so) started work with me and he was a Thailand visitor and soon told people what i had been saying was pretty well true and they soon shut up.

Archived