'made In Germany' Lies In The 'gutter' After Volkswagen Caught Cheating

Coss

The papers this morning say the wordwide reputation of German engineering has practically evaporated following the VW-case . Apart from the problem where the next best engineering geniuses may come from I would like to confirm that only yesterday I did receive 6 original Bavarian veal sausages from the Oktoberfest and the were immaculate . Please refrain from wrongly deciding in favour of secondary products .

I make a large share of my relatively comfortable living from supplying components for defect VW / Audi engines . Nuff said .

Apart from the problem where the next best engineering geniuses may come from

German Engineering is just a fallacy nowadays, many German companies may have Project Management teams based in Stuttgart or Munich but a lot of the Engineering is outsourced to the Indian sub continent

Even I, as a non German (and a non Indian I may add) am quite high up the ladder with a German Engineering Consultancy.

German Engineering is just a fallacy nowadays, many German companies may have Project Management teams based in Stuttgart

Daimler , as they happen to be in Stuttgart , employ currently ca 17000 engineers in car development and like all competitors desperately seek more . How many Indians do they manage do you think for example drivetrain development which India is famous for ?

image-720375-breitwandaufmacher-oski.jpg

Nice one Martin good job done that's how you do it .. enjoy your retirement :)

Volkswagen CEO leaves with huge pension

Martin Winterkorn is walking away from Volkswagen with a massive pension pot worth over €28m.

And as he stepped down, rather than being fired, he could also collect two years pay despite the emissions scandal.

http://www.theguardi...4b0855df1def966

In the last six months, VW stocks have lost about half of their value. About half million cars in US and 11 million worldwide are affected. There could be a class action suit by the owners of these cars to recoup their losses. Because of this problem, their cars are worth less now. There is a possibility that VW may not have enough to pay the fines and the pissed-off owners. It's hard to imagine that VW could cease to operate. In the 60's, I owned a VW Bug in my youth (except for the winshield wipers, it was a decent car) :dunno: