Sign in to follow this  
The_Munchmaster

Patpong Museum

57 minutes ago, The_Munchmaster said:

OK, it's a date!

Subject to the usual disclaimers about state of health etc, I'll see you there :) I've diaried 2 October 2021

My first visit to Patpong was in 1973. There were only a handful of bars, and they were fairly small ... less than a dozen dancers in each of them. But gradually the bars started increasing and pushed the other businesses out of the sois. Believe it or not, one of the major wire services used to have it's Bangkok HQ on Patpon, UPI I think.

Back in the good old days ... how I miss that traffic!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Coss said:

Subject to the usual disclaimers about state of health etc, I'll see you there :) I've diaried 2 October 2021

I'm hoping to be celebrating 60 years on the planet that month so where better to do it? 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, The_Munchmaster said:

I doubt it's all about gogo bars, seems to be more about the history of the place and a bit about the bars.

That's exactly right - it is much more about the history of the area and it really helps to fill in a lot of the background about the place. If someone is only interested in the bars, it should be of some interest but if you're interested in the history of the area then it's truly fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1