Alcohol Rehab...

Old Hippie

Many of you may recall my eluding to drinking in severel posts, and my attempt to stop drinking a few months back. I did well for about 6 weeks. I can blame recent events with my job and family as reasons why I started again, but I'll take responsibility for my own actions and say it in plain truth. I am a drunk, plain and simple. I drink to much to often. So far I am lucky, I haven't been arrested or hurt anyone. Sooner or later my luck will run out if I don't stop now. Right now. So I ask, anyone have any first hand experience with this? if so, let me know how. If you prefer, you can send me a P.M. Bottom line I have a serious lack of will power, and may need some sort of help. So any ideas appreciated. Thanks! :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to wish you good luck.

I have known a few friends who had an inordinate appetite for the sauce. I don't think there is a straightforward method as I think it depends on the person. Some need cold turkey, others just need to know someone is there so they don't go overboard.

I think it's great though that you know what you got to do even though the road is bound to be hard.

Best of luck to you!!!

<<burp>>

Old Hippie, sorry to hear of your dilemma. I know of a few guys who have beaten the bottle and rather than an iron will, what they all shared was a change in lifestyle.

One guy quit work and went traveling for a year through Africa/Middle East. Another bloke took up hiking and cycling and basically just got away from his mundane life that revolved around the bar scene.

Both of these activities are hard to do with a family/mortgage etc. but thought I'd suggest a few alternatives to the "dry farm."

Good luck.

PS I'll scratch you from my list of guys I'd like to share a beer with in BKK!"

Lippo soda?

I wish you luck.....you can do it.....

part of it is the people you hang around with , if they cannot support you NOT drinking then you are in trouble.

my brother has 3 DUIs over the years , but finally the laws here in the People Republic of California scared him,

the next DUI was 6 months jail time

So he goes to his AA meetings, has been sober for over a year and does not hang out with his old drinking buddies

Hang in there......

Good luck to you, OH. I do know there is an active AA chapter in Thailand. I met one farang lady who attends, but honestly she herself would drive anyone to drink, so beware! I don't know the venue, but I'm sure someone has PMed it to you already.

Archived