TGS tell me the biggest Cheap Charlie?s are?.

walletss

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"] "The reason that I am told tipping is the norm in the US is that wages for people in Hospitality are so pathetic. A lot of people rely on tips to make a decent living" [/color]

Your are right about that they are the lowest paid people.

Not just in US but Canada to.

"I think Americans have usually too much cash to spend when they come on holiday cause in general I believe the salaries are much higher counted in bahts in USA than in Europe."

Lately the USD has been free-falling in comparison to the Euro, thanks to our govt.'s war-mongering and excessive spending on homeland security. Funny how my political thinking is now mainly influenced by the effects on my Thai sanuk opportunities.

"...I wish it were the same here in America - no tipping..."

You and me both! Tipping here is rediculis! and just assumed it will happen at 15-20% regardless of how crappy the service is!

"..."I think Americans have usually too much cash to spend when they come on holiday cause in general I believe the salaries are much higher counted in bahts in USA than in Europe."...

Lately the USD has been free-falling in comparison to the Euro, thanks to our govt.'s war-mongering and excessive spending on homeland security. Funny how my political thinking is now mainly influenced by the effects on my Thai sanuk opportunities..."

I have to agree with both posters here. Especially hate what is going on now about wars, Iraq, Korea...KNOCK IT OFF!! YOU ARE RUINING OUR GOOD TIME!!!!! :) sorry, needed to vent!

I do think tipping amounts is dependant on your nationality.

In Britain we dont really tip unless you go somewhere special.

Or if the service is above the csll of duty.

Id be annoyed if I were an American. Having to tip even if the service was lousy.

In go go's I would tip if a girl sat with me as its technicaly not her job as I see it.

I hate tipping for no reason.

if a waiter/waitress brings me some food and then gets the bill how is that worthy of a tip.

She has achieved the minimum requirement for her job.

Any thoughts on the following scenario?

Whilst living in UK I used to go on a lot of football bus trips.

Some only 2-3 hour journey

Some as far as Northern Europe.

Every time there was a collection for the driver.

All he did was his job, drive there drive back.

I always gave begrudgingly.

:banghead:

Hi greg,

I personally wouldn't tip that driver since he'ld be driving around the world with the wrong teams supporters. :grinyes:

However, if he'ld driving me around I'ld tip him if the hat goes around, pending if he had been a helpfull driver or not.

A lot of those busdrivers make good income on tips, besides all the other scams they have going for them. ;)

Cheers,

Limbo

I think one of the reasons why Americans are the most generous with the Bg's is that they are usually more mature than the average european sanuker.

Most Americans are in their 40's, at that age all things being equal they wil have a bit more money.

Within Europe wages vary dramatically, in France, Italy, Spain wages arent that high, whilst in the Nordic countries wages are pretty high.

Proportionally people may be being generous, and not necessarily cheap charlies.

STH

Archived