OVERWEIGHT!

samak

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Samak,

how about trying to loose fat the healthy way?

This is not the latest fashion, but exercised by thousands of people all over the world:

1.) Cardio (running, bicycle e.g.) 3 or more times a week to burn fat and do a little bit for your heart.

2.) weight training, not too heavy, 2-3 times a week, after cardio or on different days. Makes your muscles grow, burns a lot of calories for hours after the work out.

3.) change of diet:

no junk food or cookies, reduction of alcohol. Which means: less hamburgers at Woodstock, do not drink every night. :o

In general reduction of bad calories like sugar or cheap fat. More veggies and salads, maybe more protein too (like chicken or protein dinks), much less fat.

More small meals up to five times a day, that you never get hungry. It is even recommend to have small snack in your pocket, like fruits, a tuna sandwich or a protein bar, in case you feel hungry but have no time find something healthy.

Much more water (approx. 1 cup of water per hour).

I know to stick to a diet is not very easy, therefore as an incentive: In every week there is a day when you can eat and drink what you want and how much you want. Spare this day for invitations for dinner or if you are planning to go to NEP ::

4.) sleep enough to give your body enough rest. Actually your muscles will grow during your sleep, not during the weight training

--

I know this is not easy. For the first two points I would recommend find a really good instructor in a local gym. For the diet part it helps to learn about the ingredients of your nutrition to avoid fatty meals. (you can search the net or buy some books with calorie charts and there are magazines like muscle & fitness with a lot of advice)

For sports and diet it is important to keep a diary: a training diary for cardio (duration and intensity) and for the weight training (exercises and weights used). And for a few weeks it is very important to keep a diet diary, to learn about your eating habits (no, it will not help only to reduce the six-pack every night to only four beers :drunk:)

After a few month you might be in the best shape of your life and you will feel great :: - if you do not overdo it. Start in the gym really slow, I mean really slow!! In the beginning not too heavy weights and only short periods of cardio, if you are not used to it. I would recommend to buy a polar watch (heart rate monitor) for the cardio. The watch gives you security that you do not fall from the bike with a heart attack and helps to keep track of your calories burnt.

Two more advantages: If you follow this diet you will not feel hungry, but you will learn much better eating habits. And the training will certainly improve your performance in bed :hubba:

Good Luck

PS: This all sounds very difficult at the beginning, but you will get used to it after a few weeks. And it is no problem to make mistakes as long as you follow the general line. And take your time, your body will need some time to adjust, so do not give up after two weeks if the results are coming slow.

PS2: I did this for ca. 6 month two years ago and felt great, since then I gained 10 kilos. I should follow my advice too. But as you know: it is always much easier to give advice to others than following them by themselves. :banghead::

It is even recommend to have small snack in your pocket, like fruits, a tuna sandwich or a protein bar, in case you feel hungry but have no time find something healthy.

a tuna sandwich in your pocket?? :banghead::cussing:

Other than the food poisonning, you'll have every ferel cat in Bkk follow you through the streets, and no BG will have anything to do with you. Stick to the fruit..but then why carry it, just get it fresh along the way. :grinyes:

Actually all the rest of it makes a good regimen. :angel:

Other than the food poisonning, you'll have every ferel cat in Bkk follow you through the streets, and no BG will have anything to do with you.

:grinyes: :grinyes: You are right, maybe this is better for the cold regions, but than you could have problems with ice bears. I have heard they like fish too. Wild Alaska should know more about this ::

Don't rule out the drug addiction alternative.

There aren't many overweight smacko's, crackheads or speedfreaks. There is definitely potential to lose a lot of weight. It could lead to some other small problems but it could be worth a shot.

:grinyes: :grinyes: You are right, maybe this is better for the cold regions, but than you could have problems with ice bears. I have heard they like fish too. Wild Alaska should know more about this ::

There are Polar bears about 300km north of me, they are pure white, blend in with the snow very well, you have to be very careful, many people go out for a walk and never come back ::

Don't rule out the drug addiction alternative.

There aren't many overweight smacko's, crackheads or speedfreaks. There is definitely potential to lose a lot of weight. It could lead to some other small problems but it could be worth a shot.

You might end at "Bangkok Hilton" :: where you definitively will loose some weight.

Archived