I only work bar 2 months

spudsmck

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this just has to be one of those things you always hear and just shake your head attentively while saying uh-huh out loud, but to yourself, "who is she kidding?"

It's just like the many freelancers you meet who say they have real jobs...such as hair dresser, department store employee, own a shop, or Prime Minister's secretary. :)

Says think_too_mut:

>

IMO, that's where the lie bares itself. For Thai nationals, especially poor folks, some expense may be required but far from becoming a bar girl to pay them off.

Spot on Mister. The vast majority are lazy, very materialistic and can't be bothered to get a decent job. I once had a thai friend working for Udonthani Hospital, and this is what she had to say: "if the girl genuinely wants to work then she can do so anytime, anyplace. Even if it means selling smelly fish in the local market". IMO, I think that his words were a little harsh and that a minority have no choice but to seek work in a bar for a variety of reasons...

A friend of a friend used to work at a hospital in BKK. She saw all the cash her neighbors had (BGS) and decided she wanted in. She made a moths salary in one or 2 nights. To be honest with you, if I could get one months salary tax free in a night or 2 for having sex with women, I'd do it! I also know 3 girls in the USA who had good jobs, but decided to moonlight. One worked as a hooker, 2 as strippers a few nights a week. As time went on, they went into the business fulltime, as they could make more money, and the 9-5 job was getting in the way. These women had a choice, but the disire for money won out. As for why girls enter the business in LOS, I suppose it varies, but most will not make that much money in any job they are qualified for.

Archived