Movie night in BKK ?

Pom_Jao_Choo

I agree that was very good. I also liked 'Hero.' Honestly, the movies playing from the west now are kinda crappy.

I wonder when many of the Academy Award nominees will make it here? I heard 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo Nest" is coming soon. :)

BTW, I was upset the other day when I trooped over to my favorite theater at the Emporium with lady in tow only to discover it is still closed for renovations until next month.

Uh, excuse me, but didn't the Emporium open rather recently? Renovations already???

I love watching movies in Thailand! Other than "Hero" and "Ong Bak", what are the popular movies showing now? I tried looking in http://www.movieseer.com, but most of the site is in Thai.

While in Bkk last November, I kept seeing previews for a Korean movie named 'The Way Home'. It just started in my home town in the USA yesterday, and I'm going to see it today.

Sarasin said:

Uh, excuse me, but didn't the Emporium open rather recently? Renovations already???

Emporium Cinema has been closed for over a month and is scheduled to re-open in March. I have heard it is going to be an EGV movie house. I think it was UA-owned since it opened in 1997. It is supposed to be the fanciest movie house in town when it opens.

I guess the dayof the 100 baht matinees are gone. :: Too bad cuz I thought the place was in good shape.

You are joking right? The cineplexes in Bangkok are some of the best in the world in my opinion. You cannot go wrong with any of the Majors... Ratchyothin is probably the best bet otherwise Major at Rangsit (past the airport in Don Muang) is very good and of course there's World Trade Center on the six floor to name a few.

Really Bangkok really had some of the best cineplexes in the world and the price is very reasonable compared to western prices. Not to mention that nearly all cinemas allocate the seat when you get the ticket so you can show up to the movie whenever you like.

And in addition whereever there is a Major there's usually some very nice places to catch a meal before the movie. You can also try SFX cinema at Central Lad Plao which has an internal "airport" designed waiting area.

Archived