Advice on relationship

AF16

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I do know is that I?m not capable of telling love from business. Not the best starting point.

AF16,

You are right about it not being the best starting point. True or not, many thais will consider you a very rich man simply because of the colour of your skin.

Just like a millionaire, you should be very wary if somebody likes you for what you are or just for the size of your wallet. If you don't want to be cautious like that, you are better off with a girl who shares the same background as you.

Sad but true.

Cheers,

soongmak

"Or, put another way, 'ignorance is bliss,' for some, I guess. Not me though. "

For me its keeping trust in human values, staying away from the bar scene because it does damage to oneself.

I know that from experience, picking up girls and talking about love and then shutting it down - almost like a routine, when you leave them. Getting desperate cries for help after you have gone home - which you know whatever you do you cant fix it.

It took a long time to get out of that evil circle. And it does affect ones life outside the scene.

I would say the opposite - living that life is a lie and ignorance indeed.

Cheers!

Hi,

[color:"red"] I would say the opposite - living that life is a lie and ignorance indeed.

[/color]

Whew I finally had time to read this thread. I have had a good shelterred life also. I was a fool when I first met some Thai women abroad, especially in Germany. Most of them came from BG background and being ignorant I believed everything they said and spent a bit of money on "loans" that never it paid back. :(

However, because of that experience, it mkes me a little wiser that I don't believe everything I hear, just more cautious. :doah:

Mind you, the bad experience did not happen only with the ex-BGs, also with some normal Thais. So, life is a learning process but I would rather keep my mind open for there are many good people also. ::

Cheers! :devil:

Says AF16:

Unnecessary post. I already know all I?m going to at this stage, and no need to rehash old issues.

AF,

I sincerely hope, that you do not do the "Akarr" here. :banghead: And please do not scold the messenger for the a message you do not like to hear ::, Jasmines advice from a Thai womens perspective is higly valuable.

Good luck anyway and keep us informed about the outcome of the upcoming weekend.

No, no, it was in no way directed at Jasmine. She has been very supportive and honest to me in private, and I think very highly of her. I know that she have only good intentions with what she say, and I think she is a very wise woman. I do notice what she say.

Kamui, trust me when I say that it?s all different now. I would not believe me either ;), but I can assure you that it is. I have let go. It?s not about the same thing anymore.

Archived