GTG? What defines her?

trotsky2

What is the definition of a GTG-good Thai girl?

I have read some posts by the gurus of the Thai msg board scene who have openly told us that their woman is a GTG. I read this and wonder what is their agenda? Why are they telling me this?

Let say, for example, that a poster says his significant other is a GTG. This hypothetical poster benefits financially from the prostitution industry in one way or another. This industry, as is currently discussed, is not an industry that a "true GTG" should be linked to. Is this woman really a GTG? Would a "real GTG" have a relationship with a person who profits from the prostitution industry?

I can undestand if this msg is too much and should be booted. I am just erked that a woman who has engaged in a particular act all of sudden gets demonized, while on the other hand, any woman who has not instantly gets credibility even if it's not justified. I just think there is something lying below the surface that stinks of hypocricy, ego, elitism, and lets just thrown in class oppression for good measure.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says trotsky2:

What is the definition of a GTG-good Thai girl?

I have read some posts by the gurus of the Thai msg board scene who have openly told us that their woman is a GTG. I read this and wonder what is their agenda? Why are they telling me this?

By saying that a given individual is a "GTG" most posters

wish to distinguish her from a "BG". Its a sad convention

used by board members (myself included).

Many posters have objected to its use and suggested

instead "Non Proffesional", but conventions are difficult

to uproot.

BTW are you referring to any post in particular ?

Guest lazyphil

A GTG is a LOYAL , kind, thoughtful, smart, funny, adventurous, hard working, good cook, great lover and fun loving girl. I'm married to her....and she was a bg :neener: :neener:

Atta boy! That is a good definition of GTG! :bow:

Her past occupation and lifestyle is of little relevance. Others on this board will disagree of course.

Also agree withCOls statement

By saying that a given individual is a "GTG" most posters

wish to distinguish her from a "BG". Its a sad convention

used by board members (myself included).

I know even more people will disagree with this opinion, but I will stick to it, that not all BGs will go home with customers for baht.

GTG is whatever you want it to be. That is why it is a meaningless term on the one hand and all the meaning in the world to you on the other. It is groundless and arbitrary.

It does seem to range from a girl who doesn't work bar to a girl who does not go for money to Fly's strict and narrow buddhist defintion.

Personally, it is a girl who don't have to forgive her for her past or wonder about it. You just know when you meet her. No questions asked.

In addition, It wouldn't hurt she is a Chula or Thamasat grad, white-skinned, tall, exemplary values/character, respectable career, and comes from a solid family background where the dowery is a gesture of security/good faith and not purchasing rights........

Cardinalblue

Guest lazyphil

<<Personally, it is a girl who don't have to forgive her for her past or wonder about it. You just know when you meet her. No questions asked>>

Apparently your excluded for past (and present) behavior patterns (in bkk bars :) :))...sorry CD I know we had an agreement, but its just too hard to resist, you know, like bars are!!

Says lazyphil:

<<Personally, it is a girl who don't have to forgive her for her past or wonder about it. You just know when you meet her. No questions asked>>

Apparently your excluded for past (and present) behavior patterns (in bkk bars
:)
:))...sorry CD I know we had an agreement, but its just too hard to resist, you know, like bars are!!

GTG loves her husband and family takes care of them all,

but many thai ladies from any background can and are good wives and make a good family.

The term is not fair on all girls we all want happiness in our lives and are willing to change and learn to help husband and the family at the same time.

Says lazyphil:

A GTG is a
LOYAL
, kind, thoughtful, smart, funny, adventurous, hard working, good cook, great lover and fun loving girl. I'm married to her....and she was a bg
:neener:
:neener:

Tb says he is ...i guess there is 2 of us then ::

>>>to Fly's strict and narrow buddhist defintion.<<<

i would appreciate if you would not quote me completely out of context.

for the record: i have never felt comfortable with the term 'GTG' and have always expressed it. i feel that term 'GTG' implies at the same time some form of judgement over others who do not fit in the definition of that, especially when used by people who do visit prostitutes/have visited prostitutes.

>>>In addition, It wouldn't hurt she is a Chula or Thamasat grad, white-skinned, tall, exemplary values/character, respectable career, and comes from a solid family background where the dowery is a gesture of security/good faith and not purchasing rights........ <<<

i do start understanding lazyphil's anymosity towards you.

that statement here shows absolute contempt and ignorance towards the problems of this country, the problems large sectors of the society here have to face every day.

and personally, that statement disgusts me.

Archived