GTG? What defines her?

trotsky2

Says flyonzewall:

>>>In addition, It wouldn't hurt she is a Chula or Thamasat grad, white-skinned, tall, exemplary values/character, respectable career, and comes from a solid family background where the dowery is a gesture of security/good faith and not purchasing rights........ <<<

i do start understanding lazyphil's anymosity towards you.

that statement here shows absolute contempt and ignorance towards the problems of this country, the problems large sectors of the society here have to face every day.

and personally, that statement disgusts me.

Ditto here...... I can only hope that CB's statement was sarcastic, but no smilie at the end.........

Lets wait till he comes back on the board......

Cheers !

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB,

Of course I was being sarcastic. Things were running a little slow so I thought I would throuw a little juicy bait thinking of landing another fish out there and lo and behold a different one or two in this case snag it. Please read how I opened up my post.....before i went on to give my two cents and definition.

The point of my post was how silly it is to start to describe what a GTG is individually as LP did. (By the way, I think LP and I have a better understanding of each other and even he didn't jump on me on this one). Yet at the same time, it is completely valid because there is no right or wrong how each of us describes what a GTG means to us personally.

Regarding my description of a chula girl, I personally am not looking in that direction though I can function and relate quite well to these girls (due to similar backgrounds). At the same time, that description can be quite accuarate to what a GTG can be or represent. It doesn't matter because there is no universal acceptable definition of a GTG which I am aware of.

I will add that I know a number of guys here who are looking in that direction for that type of GTG. I don't have a problem with that nor I feel there is anything wrong with it. For someone who feels it is "disgusting", shows me that person is quite lacking in critical thinking skills. But that is a different topic......(bless and save the poor but rag on the rich and priviledge because it is the PC thing to do, etc)

AS to the GTG definition, It is an individual's person's choice to choose what he wants same as what LP chose in choosing his mate and self-describing what a GTG means to him. His definition is equally as valid to him and others who share his same viewpoint/definiton.........

Cardinalblue

Fly,

So far, your definition of a GTG (a term i also don't like) is the strictist that i have read: "even the thought of entering the nightlife scene is an infraction of the precept about....."

I don't see where that is a quote out of context . Did you or did you not say the above in ference to a bonifide GTG's definition?

While I think it really is a stretch, as it is quite hard to prove or measure when we start defining things with what we think about (and then judged against) instead of measureable behaviors or actions. But since GTG can mean anything we want, I used it in describing the strictist range of GTG defintions that people have used on this board......

Now regarding your "disgusting" intrepretation of my original post, please see my post post to BB. I was quite surprised by your reaction. I would have thought you would have been a little more open-minded given reading some of your earlier writings. Then again, your reaction might be a reflection of what you do here, your extent and involvement in Thai society......

Cardinalblue

Guest lazyphil

<<The point of my post was how silly it is to start to describe what a GTG is individually as LP did>>

rovineye liked my description :D :D

>>>Now regarding your "disgusting" intrepretation of my original post, please see my post post to BB.<<<

you clarified yourself with that statement, so we don't need to discuss that further. you baited, and i swallowed.

>>>I don't see where that is a quote out of context <<<

well, i did not post that as a definition of a 'GTG' but just to show you how wrong you were with your clear separation between 'GTG' and bargirl. remember, your point was that bargirls were morally impaired from the beginning compared to non bargirls. i have stated the religious aspect as you brought morals into the discussion.

what i have said there should have shown you where 'morals' do come from in any specific culture, and that a women might not be a bargirl but still in violation of a moral code. as this country is mainly buddhist, the buddhist moral code applies here. and the buddhist code does have those specifications, if you agree with it or not. i have applied to you the christian moral code on the example of the tale of maria magdalena as i assume you come from a predominantly christian background.

what i have never said though was that any of that would be my definition of a 'GTG'. i have a very simple definition of looking at people: what counts is the NOW, and give everybody a bit of slack as nobody is perfect.

>>>would have thought you would have been a little more open-minded given reading some of your earlier writings.<<<

funny coming from the person who has to include in most of hist posts some form of discriminating judgement towards bargirls...

>>>Then again, your reaction might be a reflection of what you do here, your extent and involvement in Thai society......<<<

at least i do have 'involvement' in the thai society, not just looking from the outside in. i have chosen to get involved in the level of the society here i do feel comfortable with, and not the part which might serve me in a machiavellian way but would leave me with serious problems with my conscience. and given my background, that was a conscious choice, not a necessity.

NOTE TO ALL,

This is a thread about a definition of what a GTG could / should / would be....... and those possible definitions are of course very personal from one guy to the other.

Whilst I dont mind - and would even appreciate more - discussion on that subject, I need to make a note here : do NOT get personal against each other.........

Cheers - BB - moderator

I avoid the term Good Thai Girl and apply the term 'Quality Person'. I just don't like what the term 'Good' has to offer in the context of the way it is used on this bar. I am not really looking for a GTG. I don't really know how long I will live in Thailand and I would hate to start something with someone and make them lose face when I leave. With that said there are a great deal of, for lack of a better term, non-GTG, who are quality people. People who can be trusted. People who can be counted on. I realize that the overwhelming majority of people, not just non GTG's, cannot be trusted or counted on. Regardless of race, religion, and job title.

This applies to this thread in that it sometimes makes me laugh when someone thinks that getting the prototype GTG on their arm will be a cureall to the majority of problems that the non GTG brings with them. I don't think that is true.

I just ended a relationship with a 'GTG'. Not a prostitute, a college graduate, good family, great job, yet an accomplished liar and for no apparent reason. I would much rather spend time with a certain 'New Wave Freelancer' who watched $7,000.00 USD worth of computer and video equipment while I went to Cambodia for three weeks. I returned and everything was as I had left it in her closet undisturbed. Yes she is a prostitute but I would have to say that she is a Great Thai Girl, a person of great character.

The definition is subjective to your needs

Some of my criteria for a GTG:

1) Doesn't smoke

2) Doesn't drink too much

3) Doesn't play with money

4) Doesn't consume drugs

By the way, I apply this list also to GFG (good farang girls). With the result that in Europe 70 % of the younger girls are BFG (bad farang girl).

:neener:

Best regards

"Some of my criteria for a GTG:

1) Doesn't smoke

2) Doesn't drink too much

3) Doesn't play with money

4) Doesn't consume drugs"

Wow naiv, thats pretty strict. I think I would react to no.3, gambling and no.4.

Smoking and drinking can be a temporary thing. People tend to turn to drinking in periods if life has been tough. If its not really "heavy", I don't see that as a problem.

I presume you are listing qualities that are important for you, I don't see how smoking would disqulify anyone from a general "GTG" term.

Cheers!

Archived