GTG? What defines her?

trotsky2

what about addiction to sex?

Haha, this is a good one! Hmm, addiction isn't bad a priori. It depends what you mean by it. Sex is good for the health (bye the way if you are married your life expectancy rises by 5 years!)

But there are people who can't work anymore because they think all the time at sex. They can't have any relationship because they can't be without.

The bad thing is that the therapy is difficult! It would be fairly easy to stop have sex, haha but the aim is to have sex but not all the time. Try to imagine not to stop smoking but just to smoke only 2 cigarettes per day...

Best regards

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naiv,

Makes me think of a story I heard when I was just a boy. I overheard my uncle tell a story about his boss. His employer at the time was so sex-crazed that he was literally busy with sex all the time. He nailed all of the cleaning ladies without any regard if they wanted to have sex as well. The thought that maybe they wouldn't did not even enter his mind! He wore his own wife out, so much so that she had to go to a hospital to recuperate :cussing:

Did he get the message? Hell no! Two nurses had to pull him off his wife during visiting hours. ::

It just goes to show how powerfull an addiction can be!

hey I didn't want to expose my bad habits on a public forum like this :o:grinyes:

actually being a sex addict is no better than any other addict ::

yes sex in reasonable amounts is considered healthy exercise, but beyond that I'm informed you're in serious trouble on par with a drug addict :eek:

you see most drug addicts actually start as sex addicts & when they're not able to sustain their habit they turn to drugs as an aid :eek: :: :dunno::grinyes::neener:

maybe it's time to get out & about a bit more to get a greater perspective on things instead of just forming a unbalenced oppinion from books or internet

Why should an opinion made from books be unbalanced?!? This differentiates us from animals. First human can learn from others either by listening or reading. Second human can make conclusions, i.e. they can invente new things, they can make physical laws and predict the behavior of the nature, etc.

Of course these are always only models, they have to be tested by experiences. But our whole luxury life in rich countries depends entirly on the fact that we do form opinions out of books! Or would you like to reinvente the general relativistic theory of Einstein?

By the way I made the experience that imagination can be very precise. So while you made some hundred experiences in real, I made some thousands in my imagination. That is also the reason why I rarely come in a situation which is new to me. And why I can predict my behavior in situations which I have never encountered.

This doesn't mean that I don't go out to make real experiences (to test my models) but as I said, I am rarely surprised. (new economy bubble? war against irak? that the DNA is not linearly encoded? that the oslo peace process failed? all predictable!)

Best regards

Very interesting & calm reply considering my former reply to you - hat of to you :):bow:

But what I tried to imply with my former post was merely a half hearted attack on your previous posting of the likes of avoiding ALL 'unhealthy' things in life just to die a slow naturel death caused by age I suppose :dunno:

Anyways now that you seem to be great at predicting the future I think many here on this board is a bit curious as to the status of SARS(or the next health scare) & perhaps terror(where's the next attack after NYC & Bali) in say 1 year from now? :dunno: ::

Cheers

Says naiv:

And how does it come that almost only people who were member of some sort of teenager gang consume drugs? That only teenagers who care about the opinion of others begin to smoke?

By the way, I asked over 100 smokers why they begun to smoke!

90 % thought that it was important to be a member of the group

Considering alcohol: Most addicts begin to consume large quantities because

a) they are partying with friends

B)

they have some problems

You should read some books about this subject and the reasons why people begin to consume drugs.

(Of course there are some rare exceptions)

I think you're out of touch. Loads of people who weren't ever part of "teenage gangs" have consumed drugs. (Me included. :drunk:) Freedom of choice. You may know it's bad for you but you may still choose to do it for whatever reason. Not always peer pressure. That'd be absurd.

About the future: I have allready made a statement about SARS on this board (I mentioned that till august there will be no more any travel restrictions because SARS will be anywhere :: ) Ok, I was a little bit joking on this one. And then I also mentioned that SARS is easy to control (contrary to AIDS) because it outbreaks fastly. But of course I can't predict how politicians will act. I can only tell you if a measure will work or not. I can't predict wich measures will be taken by the politicians ::

So to be clear: to predict the decisions of politicians or people is too difficult because I would have to know the people very good (and this I can't from books, especially if there aren't any). To predict the outcome of actions is fare more easy. (That's why elections are for nothing. But votations are very useful).

Ok, I am exagerating (not 100 % though) ::

By the way I respect you, for your still friendly answers. (I have nothing against provocating :) )

Best regards

Depends on what you mean by teenage gangs, maybe?

But ok, it is my mistake that we got away from the subject of this thread, so I will try to come back.

I think that most TG are GTG, depending on the situation. And most can be BTG, depending, guess what, on the situation. So I never consider anyone as bad or good a priori. It all depends on the situation of life. And I am not sure if I would be a good guy in any situation (pretty sure, but only because of my past).

So for me this question is simply irrelevant. I can only say what characteristics I would like to find at my gf. (not smoking and the like :: ) But I can't find any objectiv descriptions of a GTG.

Best regards.

Archived