GTG? What defines her?

trotsky2

that sounds always funny for me - someone who lives in bangkok (renowned for it great air... ) who is worried about second hand smoke in bars...

What is even more funny: A smoker who is worried about the bad air in Bangkok!

Cheers!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

How have we got to this in describing a gtg...smoking!!....lets start having some honest realistic views on the subject cutting thru the bs!!!

Fly,

Your comments about trying to associate the risks of second-hand smoke with general air pollution (BKK - one of the worst) raises doubts about your knowledge of epidemiology and the field of risk assessment. My apologies in advance if my assumption is incorrect.....

Don't you mean some of the "worst" things in life? Coffee, never had a cup in my life; too many studies have vaildated their findings; alcohol - an interesting one, some studies indicate that minimal amounts of red wine (calif no doubt) can improve one's health or at least starve off some diseases. But generral hard alcohol consumption - forget it. meat/beef (do you know how to spell colon cancer?) - i guess that is why vegetarians restaurants/plates are now in style!

You don't sound like a wine and cheese (yes, bad i know) type of guy. But i guess we all do behaviors to fit in to the lifestyle/social circles we run with.....

I guess i pretty much know how you feel about seat belts (up close and personal with a windshield) and crash helmets (feel the wind, baby!).......

Cardinalblue

LP,

Yeah I know we agreed not to respond to each other posts. But since you did, i owe you one.

BGs and smoking? While smoking deserves clearly a separate thread of its own, we would even get less agreement than what is a "GTG".

But since the topic was raised, the so-called good BGs with any re-deeming qualities (in my book) are all non-smokers, 95% no doubt (will allow for a deviation or two from the mean). Those are my personal observations and your observations will probably conclude differently. And those will be your personal observations....

Cardinalblue

Guest lazyphil

<<the so-called good BGs with any re-deeming qualities (in my book) are all non-smokers, 95% no doubt (will allow for a deviation or two from the mean). Those are my personal observations and your observations will probably conclude differently. And those will be your personal observations....>>

Well, my mrs dont smoke, so I guess we have one belief in common :D...Let me say this, lately (during our various wranglings) I've been thinking maybe my view of the bar scene is different to yours because I simply havn't indulged in it quite as much as you?...yes I'm married to someone from it, but apart from that I havn't spent vast amounts of time in it, very little in bkk itself and mostly in Patong beach. I'm not trying to say I'm innocent to some of the bullshit that goes on, I realise from some first hand observation that guys stupid enough get totally lost with bg's, now back here with my mrs and on the grapevine so to speak with affairs of local Thais I hear of unsavory, spiteful goings on with so called gtg's towards very innocent (to behaviors often associated with bg's, you know squeezing money/poor money management etc) guys who have never set foot in los or worse still never read nanaplaza (I'm not being sarcastic on that either)...I think because of this I do have problems with this gtg therory, its not just as I guess it often looks me defending my mrs on a personal level, do you follow me?...just a little bit hopefully :D

>>>raises doubts about your knowledge of epidemiology and the field of risk assessment. My apologies in advance if my assumption is incorrect.....<<<

no ideas about those subjects.

only thing i know is that a large percentage of children growing up in bangkok suffer from one or the other respiratory ailment directly linked to airpollution here. i have to say though that the air here has improved in the last years. 9 or 10 years ago when you went out with a white shirt in the morning after a few busrides you came home with a grey shirt.

>>>Coffee, never had a cup in my life; too many studies have vaildated their findings; alcohol - an interesting one, some studies indicate that minimal amounts of red wine (calif no doubt) can improve one's health or at least starve off some diseases. But generral hard alcohol consumption - forget it. meat/beef (do you know how to spell colon cancer?) - i guess that is why vegetarians restaurants/plates are now in style!<<<

must be rather boring to live so healthy.

by the way, how do you avoid the spread of bacteria from getting in contact with other humans, full body condom? ;)

are you one of those guys who travel around with a suitcase full of nutrition supplements and vitamins and line those up at every meal (healthfood of course!)? ;)

>>>You don't sound like a wine and cheese (yes, bad i know) type of guy. <<<

why? just because i'm around with junkies, prostitutes, gangsters and those i am not allowed to enjoy the nice things in life. it might surprise you, but the only thing i somehow do miss here is dressing up well and going to operas.

>>>I guess i pretty much know how you feel about seat belts<<<

you guessed wrong. seat belts are a just minor inconvenience. and i am also not a fan of fast and risky driving.

i am a hedonist. i do like the good things in life, and if they are not healthy, then feck it, i still like 'em. one day everbody has to die, and we can influence the way how we die only to some extend. but we can very well influence the way how we live - and i like to get as much experience as i can and have a lot of pleasure.

Says flyonzewall:

by the way, how do you avoid the spread of bacteria from getting in contact with other humans, full body condom?
;)

are you one of those guys who travel around with a suitcase full of nutrition supplements and vitamins and line those up at every meal (healthfood of course!)?
;)

:devil:

::

Fly,

Living in a third world country or a developing country like LOS exposes us at a much greater risk to infectious diseases than in the West. The price one has to pay to take advantage of economies of scale and pricing.

I wish i was more into vitamins and nutritional supplements. I think that it correlated more with age as you get closer to your time is up. That is, if you don't die prematurely from smoking complications.........

I wonder if there is a strong correlation between living a healthy lifestyle and being a more attractive candidate for GTGs?

Cardinalblue

Why? I enjoy every second without smoke in the air. I enjoy to eat delicious food which I couldn't as a smoker (because smoking destroys your taste)

Who told you that a healthy lifestyle is boring?!?

how do you avoid the spread of bacteria from getting in contact with other humans

It isn't healthy at all to avoid all bacteria. Actually you should train your immun system.

People who think that they enjoy life more because they are consuming drugs are just lying to themselves.

Best regards

How have we got to this in describing a gtg...smoking!!....lets start having some honest realistic views on the subject cutting thru the bs!!!

To be a GTG has something to do with the character.

People who begin smoking because they are pressed by their friends have a weak character.

People who volunteraly destroy the health of other people don't have the best character neither.

People who believe to solve their problems by drinking large quantities of alcohol have a weak character, too.

In the same way as most people on this board make conclusions from the profession of a BG to her character, in the same way I make conclusions by observing the behavior of people. And consuming drugs tells definitely something about the character.

Best regards

Archived