GTG? What defines her?

trotsky2

>>To be a GTG has something to do with the character.

People who begin smoking because they are pressed by their friends have a weak character.

People who volunteraly destroy the health of other people don't have the best character neither.

People who believe to solve their problems by drinking large quantities of alcohol have a weak character, too.<<

Arai wah???? You are joking aren't you?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just repeating what I have read on this board. I just replaced being a BG with being addicted.

And no, I am surely not joking.

Best regards

To be a GTG has something to do with the character.

People who begin smoking because they are pressed by their friends have a weak character.

People who volunteraly destroy the health of other people don't have the best character neither.

People who believe to solve their problems by drinking large quantities of alcohol have a weak character, too.

In the same way as most people on this board make conclusions from the profession of a BG to her character, in the same way I make conclusions by observing the behavior of people. And consuming drugs tells definitely something about the character.

I'm with you on this too.

::

Farangman,

When I stopped smoking about 15 years ago, I developed a feeling of superiority simply because I mastered my addiction and all those smokers were spineless wimps in my not so very humble opinion!

I soon came to my senses and kicked that nasty habit of non-smoking. It takes an iron will, but until this date I have resisted the urge to ever stop smoking again :grinyes:

Cheers,

soongmak

Says naiv:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

How have we got to this in describing a gtg...smoking!!....lets start having some honest realistic views on the subject cutting thru the bs!!!

To be a GTG has something to do with the character.

Nahh. Your friend has just brought something to your attention and you try it. If you like it, you may continue. Doesn't show weak character necessarily. You could even call such an attitude open-minded.

Says naiv:

Nah.... how about the S&M scene, for instance.

Says naiv:

People who believe to solve their problems by drinking large quantities of alcohol have a weak character, too.

I don't think that people drink alcohol for this reason. They usually drink because they find it fun.

Says naiv:

And consuming drugs tells definitely something about the character.

What, that one is open-minded and prepared to try new things? Maybe that is the definition of a non "GTG"...

If you like it, you may continue.

90% of the smokers that I asked told me that they didn't like the first cigaretter. Neither the second or the third one. So why did they continue?

S&M scene

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by S&M

I don't think that people drink alcohol for this reason. They usually drink because they find it fun.

Is it fun to drink large quantities? Please explain me!

What, that one is open-minded and prepared to try new things?

Open-minded doesn't mean that you have to try everything. And why should you try things you know that they are bad for your health? Just to show that you are open minded?

Actually this phrase: "You should be open-minded, so you should try it." or "If you don't try it you can't speak about it." is one of the often used traps. And most people just don't have the will to say: "In this case I prefer to stay close-minded!" :p

Best regards

And how does it come that almost only people who were member of some sort of teenager gang consume drugs? That only teenagers who care about the opinion of others begin to smoke?

By the way, I asked over 100 smokers why they begun to smoke!

90 % thought that it was important to be a member of the group

Considering alcohol: Most addicts begin to consume large quantities because

a) they are partying with friends

B) they have some problems

You should read some books about this subject and the reasons why people begin to consume drugs.

(Of course there are some rare exceptions)

Archived