underground trains in ratchada

hornydude

If you mean that there is no physical connection between the two, then technically you are correct.

However, the skytrain and subway will cross at Asoke station and Saladaeng station and it looks that the connections are well thought out with plenty of walkways between the stations.

Cheers!

Hi,

"However, the skytrain and subway will cross at Asoke station and Saladaeng station and it looks that the connections are well thought out with plenty of walkways between the stations."

I don't think there will be a connection at Sala Daeng. The skytrain station is on Silom, while the subway one will be on Rama IV. The distance is still a few minutes walk I think.

There will also be a connection at Mochit, btw.

Sanuk!

There is clearly an attempt ongoing to connect the subway site adjacent to the Dusit Thani Hotel to something. I haven't been able to figure out what the plan is - it sure is a long way from the Saladaeng station, but it looks like more than just a footbridge across Silom. Will they maybe create a new BTS stop at Dusit Thani? Or just an extraordinarily long overhead walkway to Saladaeng - even longer than the one that connects Sogo to Chitlom Station.

The Flustered Flounder

I believe it will be a rather long footbridge something along the lines of Victory Monument.

There was a very strong movement to have the connection between the two lines incorporate some sort commercial development in conjunction with the Dusit but that was nixed. The Dusit will not be touched and the connection has to be made externally.

As far as the train situation, I don't think someone "forgot" to order them. That's a little hard to swallow. The manufacturer was changed. The new trains had to be built. The platforms had to be changed (the track dimensions are the same, but the height of the doors was different). I understand Siemans footed the bill to have the platforms lowered or raised or whatever. Leastwise that's the heresay I have on the trains.

<<burp>>

Archived